I know it by heart now ^^
I was trying to add support for .doc, .xls & .ppt files with the latest version of the download plugin that's bundled with NetServices. I tried adding these changes to the enabled.plist, disabled.plist & info.plist & it did not work. I first tried .doc files:
I then replaced "msword" with "vnd.ms-word". That didn't work either. It'd be awesome do download school-related documents using this plugin. If someone could figure out what I did wrong (as I racked my brain trying to see what I missed) that'd be amazing. Here is the code for xls & ppt support, neither of which work.Code:<key>application/msword</key> <dict> <key>WebPluginExtensions</key> <array> <string>doc</string> </array> <key>WebPluginTypeDescription</key> <string>doc File (msword)</string> <key>WebPluginTypeEnabled</key> <true/> </dict>
Code:<key>application/vnd.ms-excel</key> <dict> <key>WebPluginExtensions</key> <array> <string>xls</string> </array> <key>WebPluginTypeDescription</key> <string>xls File (vnd.ms-excel)</string> <key>WebPluginTypeEnabled</key> <true/> </dict> <key>application/vnd.ms-powerpoint</key> <dict> <key>WebPluginExtensions</key> <array> <string>ppt</string> </array> <key>WebPluginTypeDescription</key> <string>ppt File (vnd.ms-powerpoint)</string> <key>WebPluginTypeEnabled</key> <true/> </dict>
what is enabled and diabled.plist used for ?
can any one tell me what is this files are for ?
and i cannot download mpg, avi file etc etc but mp3 only.
Waiting for wifi fix.. DEV-Team wifi fix wont work.
ibooterwin freeze when give correct mac address.
waiting for some good heroes for wifi fix.
When I try to download a jpeg, for example, it opens up a seperate webpage so that I can view the picture like it usually would, and that's it. When trying to download a mpeg, a gray dialogue box appears saying, "Safari can't download this file."
I have an Ipod Touch running on 1.1.1. I CAN download jpeg's using HistoryDL but it's takes one too many steps to do so. I enabled the Download Plugin on NetServices. I will attempt to download a zip, rar, exe, etc and see what happens.
Peace out, bros.
EDIT: I downloaded a .rar file succesfully about 2 minutes ago. I'm still crossing my fingers to see what happens with the other files, though. Peace!
Last edited by dm1105; 01-03-2008 at 07:50 PM. Reason: downloadable files update
i dont think brandon's source has the updated .plist. try installing through copycoders source with netservices and then updated with the .plist from the badongo link on the first post, i believe that is the newest version.
you may need to change info.plist to enabled.plist
actually, the plugin on page 1 contains all of those file types you stated mowgi
oh and i tried 10 different xls webplugintypes with no success. Good luck with that
Last edited by loujob; 01-04-2008 at 06:28 AM.
I dare someone to do the hard work of addin all those files to the .plist file AND MAKE THEM ALL work
MIME Types By Content Type
application/x-internet-signup ins [/B]
I also couldn't get the zip, rar, torrent and exe files to work before i added stuff to the sources but it's better now it's integrated directly.
And the NetServices support is pretty sweet too!
I guess it was a little difficult for others to get