Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
Discuss [Localization] Japanese at the Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's) - Hackint0sh.org; hi, know anybody exists the japanese language for iphone ? Pls help me.......
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default [Localization] Japanese

    hi,
    know anybody exists the japanese language for iphone ?

    Pls help me....



  2. #2
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I would like this as well!

  3. #3
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    If you're referring to Japanese language input (keyboard), then do the following:

    1.1.2: Install "More Keyboards & Regions" under Tweaks (1.1.2) in Installer.app
    1.1.1: Set the International setting in .GlobalPreferences (I don't remember where the file is located so do a search for language and GlobalPreference and you should find a thread with its location) to TRUE

    If you're looking for localized language files then I'm afraid you're out of luck with the possible exception of porting the .lproj files from an iPod touch for the common applications...

    Ganbatte (^v^)

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    arigatou ^.^ how would we port it over?

  5. #5
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rotorite View Post
    arigatou ^.^ how would we port it over?
    Well, in that case you'd be venturing into unchartered territory as far as I know, but what I had in mind is the following.

    o Get hold of the appropriate version of the iPod touch firmware image
    o Copy the Japanese .lproj files from the iPod touch application directories into the corresponding iPhone application directories
    o Reboot
    o Set your region to Japan
    o Cross your fingers ;-)

    Unless this makes sense to you and you really know what you're doing, I would not recommend attempting this because mucking around with the internals of applications is a risky proposition to put it mildly. You could potentially end up with a non-functional iPhone that you would need to restore so proceed with extreme caution. You've been warned...


  6. #6
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sh1n1gam1 View Post
    If you're referring to Japanese language input (keyboard), then do the following:

    1.1.2: Install "More Keyboards & Regions" under Tweaks (1.1.2) in Installer.app
    1.1.1: Set the International setting in .GlobalPreferences (I don't remember where the file is located so do a search for language and GlobalPreference and you should find a thread with its location) to TRUE

    If you're looking for localized language files then I'm afraid you're out of luck with the possible exception of porting the .lproj files from an iPod touch for the common applications...

    Ganbatte (^v^)
    not to drag a thread off track, but would what you describe above allow the viewing of other asian languages on an iPhone? i am in Thailand and would *really* love to be able to at least see thai characters on my iPhone, especially for SMS... the iTouch is sold here in Thailand, is this a possibility to get these pertinent files off of a thai iTouch and get thai characters displayed on an iPhone? that would truly rock for everyone i know here who has an iPhone..

  7. #7
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Arigatou! Ill give it a shot and report back here ^.^

  8. #8
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sukatoro View Post
    not to drag a thread off track, but would what you describe above allow the viewing of other asian languages on an iPhone? i am in Thailand and would *really* love to be able to at least see thai characters on my iPhone, especially for SMS... the iTouch is sold here in Thailand, is this a possibility to get these pertinent files off of a thai iTouch and get thai characters displayed on an iPhone? that would truly rock for everyone i know here who has an iPhone..
    Thai does not even show up as one of the keyboard options on my iPhone so my guess is that it would entail more than just installing More Keyboards & Regions and porting iTouch .lproj files. I would suggest looking at the various threads on non-supported languages and scripts such as Arabic, Chinese, Korean, etc. to see how they are going about enabling suuport for them on the iPhone. Good luck!

  9. #9
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sh1n1gam1 View Post
    Thai does not even show up as one of the keyboard options on my iPhone so my guess is that it would entail more than just installing More Keyboards & Regions and porting iTouch .lproj files. I would suggest looking at the various threads on non-supported languages and scripts such as Arabic, Chinese, Korean, etc. to see how they are going about enabling suuport for them on the iPhone. Good luck!
    thx for that friend, will do a search for for those sort of threads... i really don't need thai keyboard support or input of any sort, just to be able for the thai text (which is left to right) to be displayed at all, currently all we get are rows of little boxes..

  10. #10
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sukatoro View Post
    thx for that friend, will do a search for for those sort of threads... i really don't need thai keyboard support or input of any sort, just to be able for the thai text (which is left to right) to be displayed at all, currently all we get are rows of little boxes..
    I didn't know that Thai was left to right. Learn something new every day . In that case then you should definitely take a look at the Hebrew and Arabic related threads since those are also left to right languages. You might also find something at http://www.iphone.in.th/iphone/index.php .


 

 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hebrew Localization of the iPhone
    By marcr in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 12:43 PM
  2. 3.1.3 better localization?
    By ZeRaWaReZ in forum iPhone 3GS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 11:21 AM
  3. [2.2] Keyboard Localization
    By iPhoneMK in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 08:48 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 04:56 PM
  5. [Localization] how to get arabic ?
    By lakshi in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 01:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:11 AM.
twitter, follow us!