Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Discuss [Installer] "Package download failed" on unlocked 1.1.3 at the Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's) - Hackint0sh.org; Could be to do with the server on the end your trying to download from. ...
  1. #11
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Could be to do with the server on the end your trying to download from. Is it just when you try update installer? Everything else downloads fine?

    I've had this a few times, turn your phone off, go bed, try again in the morning. Sometimes works for me.


  2. #12
    Rookie Array agendasuicide's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i would suggest restoring the phone and rejailbreaking it. my thought is that something is wrong with your jailbreak. I had this issue once and i just started the jailbreak from scratch.
    8GB iPhone
    1.1.4 Pwned!
    Service: T-Mobile USA

    Go Vegan!

  3. #13
    Senior Professional Array yuhackman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    346
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lakshi View Post
    I already tried that but still giving same message "package download failed" anyone with any other ideas?
    Day or two ago, Installer had a very serious problem and no one could download anything .... server was down, due to heavy traffic, so best for now is to give a little break .... say few hours and try again (since the same thing occurs on two iPhones ....), and then give it a try .....also there is (somwhere here on hackint0sh) is a thread about this isue, do a liitle serach (i forgot the link ) (You have Installer 3.0?, there have been some issues with 3.1), if nothing after break, reset your NETWORK settings, still nothing? Well FRESH RESTORE, preferably to 1.1.4 may just help ..... And jailbreaking, activating, and unlocking, and you should have BUG less 1.1.4 with 04.04.05_g bb, hopefully that should do the job

    Best of luck and happy hacking

  4. #14
    Senior Professional Array lakshi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuhackman View Post
    Day or two ago, Installer had a very serious problem and no one could download anything .... server was down, due to heavy traffic, so best for now is to give a little break .... say few hours and try again (since the same thing occurs on two iPhones ....), and then give it a try .....also there is (somwhere here on hackint0sh) is a thread about this isue, do a liitle serach (i forgot the link ) (You have Installer 3.0?, there have been some issues with 3.1), if nothing after break, reset your NETWORK settings, still nothing? Well FRESH RESTORE, preferably to 1.1.4 may just help ..... And jailbreaking, activating, and unlocking, and you should have BUG less 1.1.4 with 04.04.05_g bb, hopefully that should do the job

    Best of luck and happy hacking
    I tried to restore to 1.1.4 and jailbreaking, activating and unlock but still same problem....i am really frustrated with this problem....someone help

  5. #15
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Load up installer.app, then hold down the HOME button on your iPhone for 7 seconds. Re-open installer.app and try again.


  6. #16
    Senior Professional Array lakshi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramb0 View Post
    Load up installer.app, then hold down the HOME button on your iPhone for 7 seconds. Re-open installer.app and try again.
    Still not working......is it possible that iphone server is down, ive unlocked many pieces in the past and never had this problem....

  7. #17
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i have a similar problem, i couldnt install any programm, but after "clearing queue" i can install programms again, but i cannot update my installer because it says, that "installer needs at least 512kb free space", but i have 2 gb free space....

    can you help me?

    (i have also 1.1.3 unlocked since yesterday, everything else is working)

  8. #18
    Senior Professional Array lakshi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityShuffle View Post
    i have a similar problem, i couldnt install any programm, but after "clearing queue" i can install programms again, but i cannot update my installer because it says, that "installer needs at least 512kb free space", but i have 2 gb free space....

    can you help me?

    (i have also 1.1.3 unlocked since yesterday, everything else is working)
    sorry cannot help you, im in problem myself....but ive noticed that all applications work even though we cannot install installer...

  9. #19
    Former Bender
    Guest

    Default

    Please don't forget that some apps are not located in the same server as the sources.

    So it is probably a problem with the server where the apps are hosted.

  10. #20
    Senior Professional Array lakshi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XianLi View Post
    Please don't forget that some apps are not located in the same server as the sources.

    So it is probably a problem with the server where the apps are hosted.
    Thanks for letting me know that....i guess that if i try after a few days it might workout


 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Solution] Fix Installer v3.1 "Package download failed " & permissions errors
    By Former Bender in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 04:36 AM
  2. [Installer] v3.11, "Package download failed"
    By miteshrk in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 01:27 PM
  3. [Installer] "Package download failed" while updating
    By nassir in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 09:08 AM
  4. [Installer] "Package download failed" while updating
    By nassir in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 03:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:25 AM.
twitter, follow us!