Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
Discuss [HowTo] Check why your app is crashing/not saving/freezing... and more at the Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by SR_Eyes Will the above commands fix the camera not saving photos while ...
  1. #11
    Former Bender
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SR_Eyes View Post
    Will the above commands fix the camera not saving photos while vWallpaper is installed but disabled?
    No, it won't, but it will help you to understand what your problem is and solve it.


  2. #12
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XianLi View Post
    No, it won't, but it will help you to understand what your problem is and solve it.
    Thanks. I'll try to do this and post the script to get some help.

  3. #13
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I debug writing with NSLog(); it writes to /var/logs/system.log It is useful to receive events that can't when it's launched from the console. I'm not so sure if there also registers apps crashes, but i think it should.

  4. #14
    Former Bender
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Etiennez0r View Post
    I debug writing with NSLog(); it writes to /var/logs/system.log It is useful to receive events that can't when it's launched from the console. I'm not so sure if there also registers apps crashes, but i think it should.
    Your procedure is good for debugging when the app is still in the dev state.

  5. #15
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default App crashing issue (Offline Wikipedia viewer)!!

    Hey guys, i'm very new to iPhone, but been reading through alot in these posts.
    I have the same issue with crashing app, and i tried the method which is mentioned in this post, and i get up a message saying "Permission denied".
    I really really want this app. to work! i have tried to set the permissons to 0755 and 0775, but none work. The app starts and than suddenly closes and goes back to springboard again.
    It's a offline Wikipedia from Patrick Collison. It has two files, one is a dump of 2.2 Gb and the other one is a program which is placed under app's. Here is the link to download this app: http://collison.ie/wikipedia-iphone

    I hope someone can help me out..it had been awesome to make it working on 2.0!

    Cheers!


  6. #16
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Hi,

    I am checking an openURL "implementation" that I did. this thread helped a lot!
    first I got a "no permission" error so it was helpfull.
    after changing permissions, I executed it again and the only return is "Killed".
    Is this return applications specific or also something general that could be commented in this thread?

    thanks!

  7. #17
    Former Bender
    Guest

    Default

    If you get the "Killed" in return when starting an app from the terminal, it means you are on 2.0 Firmware and you must fake codesign your app by using ldid.
    Check Cydia's FAQ to know how to install/use it.

  8. #18
    Former Bender
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sohaib View Post
    Hey guys, i'm very new to iPhone, but been reading through alot in these posts.
    I have the same issue with crashing app, and i tried the method which is mentioned in this post, and i get up a message saying "Permission denied".
    I really really want this app. to work! i have tried to set the permissons to 0755 and 0775, but none work. The app starts and than suddenly closes and goes back to springboard again.
    It's a offline Wikipedia from Patrick Collison. It has two files, one is a dump of 2.2 Gb and the other one is a program which is placed under app's. Here is the link to download this app: http://collison.ie/wikipedia-iphone

    I hope someone can help me out..it had been awesome to make it working on 2.0!

    Cheers!
    Wikipedia offline for iPhone doesn't work on 2.0, because of major changes in the frameworks structure of 2.0.
    Hopefully it will get updated soon.

  9. #19
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XianLi View Post
    If you get the "Killed" in return when starting an app from the terminal, it means you are on 2.0 Firmware and you must fake codesign your app by using ldid.
    Check Cydia's FAQ to know how to install/use it.
    thanks!

    this worked
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46466
    Last edited by Rello; 07-26-2008 at 01:32 PM.

  10. #20
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi,
    I am trying 2 use this method as I am facing probs lik this since I upgraded my 1.1.2 OTB to 1.1.4..
    the prob is when I go to putty and put my ip in the box of "host".. a new window opens up with the error message as mentioned in d 1st post... but then it doesnt ask me for a pass directly.. it asks for a "login as:"....
    kindly help..


 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kalyway Freezing/Crashing (ram issue?)
    By apoutwest in forum Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 07:01 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 07:53 PM
  3. 1.1.1 apps constantly freezing and crashing...
    By gangster17 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 05:42 AM
  4. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 01:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:18 PM.
twitter, follow us!