Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
Discuss [2.0][WinterBoard] Transaparent navigation Bars at the Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's) - Hackint0sh.org; What we are trying to do here is a translucent (or tranparent) navigation bar, based ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default [2.0][WinterBoard] Transaparent navigation Bars

    What we are trying to do here is a translucent (or tranparent) navigation bar, based in the translucent navigation bar used at photo album app. Note that not only the nav bar is translucent, but also the status bar. More than that, the app content takes all the screen, including behind de status and the nav bars.




    What, thanks to spyboy, we already can to choose a translucent navigation bar with your wallpaper behind it. It already looks cool, for example at the bookmarks you can see the page loading bar beenig filled. Sometimes, althougth, the buttons doesn't mach the bar color, bieng a minor problem.












    Now, these moke ups here show what we would like to achieve...





    If you think you can help, join this thread. I can't do it by myself because my lack of time and knowledge. But maybe you can!
    Last edited by gibarotti; 08-26-2008 at 02:18 AM.



  2. #2
    Senior Professional Array spyboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gibarotti View Post
    There is the "Black navigation Bars" theme at winterboard that I find it great. Now i wonder if it's possible to do a "Transaparent navigation Bars", just as you find at the photos app, where you go to the albums.

    Note that the bars won't be transparent at the photo app anymore if you activated the "Black navigation Bars" and i don't talking about fixing this issue, i talking about make any bars transparent.

    So, is it possible?
    Hmm yeah im interested in that too; think u should look around to where that "blak nav bar" is located n edit it (if its a png file). Now i dont know where that file is cuz so far there is no good file viewer. U must know that winterboard can "replace" images in the .artwork files; i think there are 2 files that need to be edited. I think it has a background and a fore-background, if u change both u will c a transparent effect when close an app for example but when u leave it open it will have a weird color n it will not be transparet. I think apple didnt design other apps to be transparent phothos app is just an exeption. I hope we can do that tho :hack:

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyboy View Post
    Hmm yeah im interested in that too; think u should look around to where that "blak nav bar" is located n edit it (if its a png file). Now i dont know where that file is cuz so far there is no good file viewer. U must know that winterboard can "replace" images in the .artwork files; i think there are 2 files that need to be edited. I think it has a background and a fore-background, if u change both u will c a transparent effect when close an app for example but when u leave it open it will have a weird color n it will not be transparet. I think apple didnt design other apps to be transparent phothos app is just an exeption. I hope we can do that tho :hack:

    I already tried that. It isn't a png. This hack was made just with a plist and I don't have the skills to mod it. That's why I asked for it. Someone?

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array spyboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gibarotti View Post
    I already tried that. It isn't a png. This hack was made just with a plist and I don't have the skills to mod it. That's why I asked for it. Someone?
    wow! I mean there has to be a png somewhere for the loaders for example, but for the navigationvars I think I have an idea. Wut this plist does I guess is switch names around in the .artwork files . So where is this plist located??

  5. #5
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    root/library/themes/black navigation bars.theme

    take a look.


  6. #6
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i just tried the old way, swaping some .pngs and i have bad news: they don't look transparent - just at the photo album app...

  7. #7
    Senior Professional Array spyboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    i found this code in the file

    <key>NavigationBarStyle</key>
    <string>1</string>

    </dict></plist>

    so its just a matter of switchin the number inside the string for diff styles.
    if the transparent image files for photo app were included in the artwork file then it would be possible. Im really not sure wuts included there, since there are not many tools to work with 2.x fw.
    Would be awesome to have transparent bars huh specially on safari... FULL SCREEN

    Edit: if u change the number inside the strings to 2 some apps will have transparent nav vars (Mobile Finder for example)
    Im awesome rite !!!!!
    Last edited by spyboy; 08-26-2008 at 01:37 AM.

  8. #8
    Respected Professional Array abrasBR's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Belo Horizonte, Brasil
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Dont need to add any picture.
    Just create another paste inside /Library/Themes i.e (Transparent Navigation Bars) and create an info.plist inside.

    The info.plist would be:

    <key>NavigationBarStyle</key>
    <string>2</string>

    </dict></plist>

    Abras

  9. #9
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Are you guys sure about this? I just did it and not only did I not get transparent bars in MobileFinder, I lost my transparent bars in Photos?

    Ok, it does work. Strangely having illuminated selected caused it to NOT work, (in fact caused all the transparent nav bars to not work).

    [edit] Ok, not a huge mystery, illuminated starts with NavigationBarStyle set to 0!
    Last edited by IvanRaide; 08-25-2008 at 07:39 PM.

  10. #10
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyboy View Post
    i found this code in the file

    <key>NavigationBarStyle</key>
    <string>1</string>

    </dict></plist>

    so its just a matter of switchin the number inside the string for diff styles.
    if the transparent image files for photo app were included in the artwork file then it would be possible. Im really not sure wuts included there, since there are not many tools to work with 2.x fw.
    Would be awesome to have transparent bars huh specially on safari... FULL SCREEN

    Edit: if u change the number inside the strings to 2 some apps will have transparent nav vars (Mobile Finder for example)
    Im awesome rite !!!!!
    the first place i wanted to have the translucent nav bars was in the maps!

    so, are they really working? you just made my day! i gonna check it out now.


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Winterboard on 3GS
    By Kayemill in forum iPhone 3GS
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 11:26 AM
  2. No bars, service! Help
    By prncess23 in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 08:33 AM
  3. No bars without yellowsn0w ?
    By kompuntu in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 06:02 PM
  4. [Winterboard icons] [iPhone 3G] How to organize icons on spring/winterboard
    By sepandee in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 05:46 PM
  5. [WinterBoard] Is gone after PWN of 2.1
    By rafaelo in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 08:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:45 PM.
twitter, follow us!