here are the files again!!!
replace the dots with r.a.p.i.d.s.h.a.r.e
okay people, its not that hard. replace the dots with rapid share and you are good to go!
I had simply replaced the files ... which didnt work. Found this advice and voila.However, if you have firmware 1.1:
- Copy the files kindly donated by deleonju
- Get them onto your phone thru SCP or similar, into /private/var/root/Library/Lockdown
- Copy the key out of data_ark.plist to the clipboard
- Open up the original .plist file you used to activate the iPhone, if you used iASign and Tool. If you did it a different way, you will need to find the .plist file that your method used. Check out http://www.hacktheiphone.com/iphone_...intel_mac.html. Even if you activated your iPhone in an easier way, I recommend using this method to unlock YouTube.
- Insert the key from the clipboard into this .plist file. The location it needs to go in is obvious. There won't be a key there already
- Save the .plist file
- using Tool (see hacktheiphone link) firstly deactivate the iPhone.
- then, using syntax provided in the tutorial (link...), activate the iPhone again, using the modified .plist file
- reboot iPhone
- it works!!
Phew. Gee, thanks Apple for changing the file structure of activation_record from 1.0 to 1.1! Led to all sorts of confusion!...
This worked perfectly for me. Thanks
I have FW 1.00000
I renamed the old 3-files ( .old) and added simply the new files.
After that everything worked perfekt, but now youtube says "cannot conncet to youtube" ??
Does someone now why ?
Can still watch Videos out of "Bookmarks" but the search doesnt work any more.
Does YouTube works with Wi-Fi or only EDGE?
works with wifi for sure.
super thanks !!!!
a simpler (no re-activation) method worked for me on 1.1:
1. copy the whole Lockdown directory from /private/var/root/Library/Lockdown
onto your pc
2. Copy the deleonju files into the Lockdown folder on your pc
3. Open the new data_ark.plist file, and copy the entire <data> tag just after <key>-DeviceCertificate</key> onto the clipboard
4. Open EACH .plist file in the pair_records folder, and paste over the device certificate data tag
5. Open the .plist file in the activation_records folder, and paste the <data> tag over the (probably empty) <data> tag after <key>-DeviceCertificate</key> - note that this device certificate key is further down the file than in the pair_record .plist files
6. Copy the new Lockdown folder contents into /private/var/root/Library/Lockdown
7. Reboot the iPhone and enjoy!
I thought it hadn't worked at first, but my WiFi hadn't connected yet
Hope it helps someone, and many thanks to all who helped me get to this point.
Nice job! Easier not requiring activation again.