Discuss Set Safari Homepage at the Free Toolchain Software - Hackint0sh.org; Is there a way to set a homepage to safari, so that everytime you open ...
Set Safari Homepage
Is there a way to set a homepage to safari, so that everytime you open it, it will open that particular page?? Alternatively, how would one make an app to open a particular page in Safari? (I've seen this done for Facebook...)
if you are on the page, click the + button and press add to home screen. It will create a symbol on your home screen and when you press it it takes you straight to that page. Hope that helps
That is an alternative, but even that does not set your home page after you restart or reboot the phone.
Originally Posted by xboxmad
I am not sure, seeing as I am not a dev, if somewhere in the code for MobileSafari.app the option for setting a homepage.
iPhone 1.1.4 (1.1.1 OTB) - T Mobile
Genius - Apple Retail Store
Posted by happysmp here
Here are the facts:
- Apple has records of which iPhones have been activated through AT&T. They can bring up this information based on your serial number or phone number AT THE STORE or OVER THE PHONE
That just gave me an idea. I don't like the fact that Safari loads the last page that you were on, or your bookmarks if the page was empty. I always leave Safari with only one empty page, but when you go back in it takes quite a while to load all the bookmarks before it shows you any of them. I had a look at the plist, and there was an option to load bookmarks at startup. But even if I turn that off, it would just rewrite the plist setting it back to on - very frustrating. So the post about the webclip got me thinking, and now I have it solved: When I launch Safari, I have a nice blank page, and no waiting for it to load all my bookmarks.
What I did was:
- go into Safari. In the url, type about:blank
This will load a blank page (duh)
- Now make a bookmark for springboard from this page and call it Safari
- I went into the iphone via ssh, found the webclip that was created in /var/mobile/Library/WebClips and replaced the icon with the icon from mobilesafari.
- Then I used Poof to hide the real safari, and moved the webclip Safari icon in its place.
- Now when I click the Safari icon, I get a nice blank screen immediately
I'm sure you could do the same for your homepage, eg create the homepage weblink, replace the icon with that of safari's, hide the real safari with poof & put your webclip in its place. Make sure to name your webclip Safari if you want it to look like the actual Safari icon.
Last edited by jrentzke; 04-18-2008 at 05:56 PM.
By xblogki in forum Tutorials
Last Post: 10-23-2011, 03:01 PM
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 04-10-2009, 04:40 AM
By iRobie in forum Free Toolchain Software
Last Post: 08-15-2008, 01:29 AM
By evox2008 in forum Free Toolchain Software
Last Post: 01-26-2008, 10:45 PM