Discuss [REQ] dsniff for iPhone at the Free Toolchain Software - Hackint0sh.org; I had given up proceeding with this project, but now... I'm back.
In this time ...
I had given up proceeding with this project, but now... I'm back.
In this time I tested firmware 3.0 and now I downgraded to 2.2.1, like the past. I tried to make ettercap works, just for curiosity, and now this is what I have:
ettercap has been configured as follow...
Install directory: /usr/local
LIBPCAP ................ default
LIBNET ................. default
LIBSSL ................. default
NCURSES ................ default
GTK+ ................... NO
Debug mode ............. yes
Plugin support ......... no
Passive DNS ............ yes
Perl regex in filters .. yes
Iconv UTF-8 support .... yes
ALL I HAVE DONE is:
1) install a certain number of libs and tools from cydia (make, toolchain 2.0, libpcap, etc.). I will make a list when I will able to finally compile ettercap.
2) ssh in my iphone (like root), download Ettercap-NG_0.7.3.tar.gz, extract it.
3) cd ettercap-NG-0.7.3
4) change the line number 28246 of configure file of ettercap directory like I said above in another post (vim +28246 ....etc). Note: the iphone doesn't come with vim pre-installed, you can download it from cydia; but i suggest you to download configure file to your pc, modify it, and put it back on the phone.
5) sysctl -w security.mac.proc_enforce=0 security.mac.vnode_enforce=0 (enable gcc to work)
6) ./configure --enable-debug
But now if I try "make" it gives me the old errors, like:
warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'something...' differ in signedness
I think I'll have to make some modifications to ettercap's source code.
mmmm.... well, however this time it seems that libssl, ncurses and "Perl regex in filters" are supported. Maybe the first time they didn't work because I installed all headers (the include directory) by hand and I hadn't been able to do the ln -s trickery in the right way or completely.
Tomorrow I will try again, without --enable-debug, which I think to give only errors.
Last edited by 111111; 06-30-2009 at 10:48 AM.
goes well on os 3.0
What do you mean? Have you got it on 3.0? Ettercap works?
work like a charm
How did you manage to make it work? What libraries have you installed? On my phone when I try "make" it shows me some error that should be related with libiconv I think. Ah, have you installed "Iphone 2.0 Toolchain" from BigBoss Repo?
could you upload ettercap to the web, so that I could download it?
I don't understand.. everyone who seems to have managed to run ettercap on his iphone doesn't want to explain how he did it... they just say I DID IT... and then disappear.
I know 111111, if only someone would create a .deb and give us a link.
I've been following this thing for months. I have dsniff working, but ettercap is so much better.
Of course! I tried to use pirni; good project, but i'd like to see ettercap on my phone, at least with filter support.
Etternet on Iphone works ;)
By fr0g in forum Free Toolchain Software
Last Post: 09-16-2012, 02:16 AM