[iSMS] v1.0 RC2 snapshhot (2008/04/18)
iSMS Installer Source URL - http://iphone.nonsoft.com/repo/
* The source includes release and snapshot build of iSMS
* The snapshot build will contain the latest changes but may unstable.
* Please read the wiki InstallerSource for details
iSMS is a native SMS application for iPhone, with following enhancements
* Search your message
* Forwarding received message
* Delete message one by one
* Send message to multi-recipients
* Send contact information via SMS
* Support smilies in Message
* User could create pre-defined texts and append them into message
* i18n support
* More ...
iSMS 1.0 RC2 snapshhot now available !!!
UPDATE - For brave people (2008/04/18)
* Manual install iSMS helper for 1.1.2+ iPhone
Old but still important
* NOTE: - You're highly recommended to remove the old version of iSMS completely(uninstall, and reboot your phone by holding the power key) before installing the new RC2 snapshot version.
* Supports 1.1.3 (even 1.1.4 I think, not tested though)
* The first TRUE native SMS app! iSMS is now fully using Apple Native API to send and receive SMS, so NO more SMS sending problems!
iSMS 1.0 RC1 source code is NOW available !
- 03/24/2008 - A kind remind. iSMS source code is released under GPLv2, if you used any of my code in your own cute app, please release your source as well and keep my credit in your apps, thanks.
- 03/03/2008 - Wanna to know how iSMS hook up the SMS notification and take over apple's default SMS applicatio ? Check out the latest source code in the download section for all the secrets!(BTW, please forgive me for the ugly code, it's just a PoC to me for SMS hacking).
No one donated money to me yet(Thank you Anthony, you're the first one who donated!), so I don't know how many people will donate their money or effort on improving this application, let's pray and see. But I think at least it could benefit those guys who want to know the secret of UIKit programming. In deed there're no secrets but just put your time into it and that's all. To me it killed most of my sparetime since 2007/10(BTW, I have no idea about Apple before :).
Good luck and have fun geeks!
iSMS-1.0-RC1 NEW features
Well, these days I'm busying reverse engineering something... and here comes the result.
* A new helper module is introduced and with the helper module, iSMS now can take over the default apple SMS application! (Currently only support 1.0.2/1.1.1)
* Now will use the system UI components to display the recipients. More apple-ish!
* Save to draft
* Template customization
* Simple but True SMS BlackList, yes it's true! No pop up, no daemon! and message will be deleted silently.
* Will remove the 1000 message capacity limit.
Some Screen Shots
1. Quick Select Contact
2. Customized templates
3. The Save As UI
4. Settings UI
5. Edit BlackList
6. Add to BlackList
7. Quick Add to BlackList
L10N - 17 Languages Supported
If your language is not in the list, please contribute!
* Simplified Chinese
* Spanish language is translated by Esfera
* Czech is translated by Tomas Sigmund
* Polish is translated by Webski Edgar
* German is translated by Ricardo Bartels
* Italian is translated by BlaCkBirD
* Finnish is translated by Niko Karranto
* Japanese is translated by Emmanuel Martinez Rodriguez
* Norwegian is translated by Lars Grov, Jakob Kongsrud
* Brazilian Portuguese is translated by Antonio Max
* Greek is translated by Michael Pikounis
* French is translated by Dualcore
* Dutch is translated by Jurjen van Loon
* Russian is translated by Siorik
* Traditional Chinese is translated by Michael Sze
* Swedish is translated by Fredrik