I know the title does not make sense, but it is actually possible.
You can actually SSH into your iPhone using WinSCP, Putty and other clients and do whatever you want, without having WiFi.
All you need is the 30-pin iPod Connector USB cable.
Follow this guide to make all configuration and be ready to use the program. Itīs been tested and also works on firmware 2.0.
• Open SSH installed through Installer or Cydia
• iPhone Tunnel Suite
• Latest version of. Net Framework
• Connecting via SSH to an iPhone / iPod Touch, all without the need of WiFi and with the need of only USB cable.
• Client WinSCP integrated
• Client Putty integrated
1. First, downloading it from here. http://www.makkiaweb.net/itunnel/data/its_setup.exe
2. Install the program and execute it.
3. Launch SSH in iPhone / iPod as well. Make sure it is connected to your computer using the USB cable.
4. You will find a screen that shows only 3 buttons like above, launch "iPhone Tunnel" that will establish a connection to your iPhone / iPod via the USB cable. A window titled "Launcher.exe" will open up. Let it remain open.
5. You can now use WinSCP and Putty or either transfer files or get terminal access to the iPhone.
Within this app, a WinSCP is present which is in Italian. There is already a profile called iPhone for the connection, then just click on connect (accedi Italian) to start the communication between the computer and the device.
Note: The WinSCP Client in the program is in Italian , but you can use your own, just set up as follows:
• IP Address: 127.0.0.1
• Port: 22
• Username: root
• Password: alpine
5. Now you are Connected. using WinSCP as if you were connected via WiFi , have fun!
The Credits for this guide should be to "iMakkie" in Italian.
One more thing, it works even if your iPhone is in sleep mode.