Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41
Discuss How to dual boot Windows 7 and Leopard using EasyBCD (Using iAtkos v7i) at the Dual Booting - Hackint0sh.org; Hi, Is this process identical on separate hard drives? Or is it different? Many Thanks ...
  1. #31
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Doing this on separate hard drives?

    Hi,
    Is this process identical on separate hard drives?
    Or is it different?

    Many Thanks
    MicroLabrat


  2. #32
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicroLabrat View Post
    Hi,
    Is this process identical on separate hard drives?
    Or is it different?

    Many Thanks
    MicroLabrat
    Hi,
    If you have separate hard drives, one for each OS, then you don't need easyBCD for dual booting.
    OSX Chameleon can boot both Win7 and OSX.

    Cheers

  3. #33
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    Hi,
    If you have separate hard drives, one for each OS, then you don't need easyBCD for dual booting.
    OSX Chameleon can boot both Win7 and OSX.

    Cheers
    Hi Thanks for replying so quickly!!!
    So I select to install the chameleon boot loader in the iatkos install?

    So the whole process would go something along these lines:
    1. Install Windows 7 on first hard drive
    2. Unplug that hard drive
    3. Install iatkos on second hard drive
    4. Plug first hard drive back in
    5. And both options will appear in chameleon?

    Thanks for helping clear this up!
    MicroLabrat
    Last edited by MicroLabrat; 06-01-2010 at 09:24 AM.

  4. #34
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicroLabrat View Post
    Hi Thanks for replying so quickly!!!
    So I select to install the chameleon boot loader in the iatkos install?

    So the whole process would go something along these lines:
    1. Install Windows 7 on first hard drive
    2. Unplug that hard drive
    3. Install iatkos on second hard drive
    4. Plug first hard drive back in
    5. And both options will appear in chameleon?

    Thanks for helping clear this up!
    MicroLabrat
    Yes, you got it.
    Just let me clarify a few for you.

    There is no need to unplug hdd for os installation, but as an extra precaution, then people do it, os/hdd, one at a time.
    After finishing installation of both os's onto 2 hdd's, set BIOS first hard disk boot order to OSX hdd/volume.
    When Chameleon countdown, with a blue bar, press any key, then all the bootable hdd/partitions will be there, make the selection
    for OSX or win7. Windows7 is actually starting from a hidden partition named System Reserve.

    Hope this help.
    Last edited by ratvn; 06-01-2010 at 09:43 AM.

  5. #35
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    Yes, you got it.
    Just let me clarify a few for you.

    There is no need to unplug hdd for os installation, but as an extra precaution, then people do it, os/hdd, one at a time.
    After finishing installation of both os's onto 2 hdd's, set BIOS first hard disk boot order to OSX hdd/volume.
    When Chameleon countdown, with a blue bar, press any key, then all the bootable hdd/partitions will be there, make the selection
    for OSX or win7. Windows7 is actually starting from a hidden partition named System Reserve.

    Hope this help.
    Thanks got it now will try this weekend and let you know how I go.
    Thanks so much
    MicroLabrat


  6. #36
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default ERROR WIN 7 with iDENEB 1.6 ACER ONE D250-1215

    Hi friendas,

    I follow this guide and Leopard, and select Chameleon F8 and type -f -v the system show "KERNEL PANIC"

    Please see this pic

    My HDD

    * 1 partition: System - 100mb
    * 2 partition: WIN 7 - 30gb
    * 3 partition: MAC - 25GB
    * 4 partition: NTFS (documents) - 80GB

    Already I have more than one month reading, installain, etc, but I could not have solved anything, need his help....

  7. #37
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djcmtk View Post
    Hi friendas,

    I follow this guide and Leopard, and select Chameleon F8 and type -f -v the system show "KERNEL PANIC"

    Please see this pic

    My HDD

    * 1 partition: System - 100mb
    * 2 partition: WIN 7 - 30gb
    * 3 partition: MAC - 25GB
    * 4 partition: NTFS (documents) - 80GB

    Already I have more than one month reading, installain, etc, but I could not have solved anything, need his help....
    I suggest you post in the appropriate section for installation with KP problem, as this topic is dual booting using BCD.

  8. #38
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default My probem is Dual Boot, I have Win7 and BCD...

    My probem is Dual Boot, I have Win7 and BCD...

    I don't boot Leopard....

  9. #39
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djcmtk View Post
    My probem is Dual Boot, I have Win7 and BCD...

    I don't boot Leopard....
    It's just my suggestion to you to post in correct section for other's benefit. Your KP screenshot is unrelated to easyBCD and your problem is not "Dual Boot".

    But if you don't believe me then it's fine.
    And don't SPAM the board, as you've posted the same topic over many sections.

    Cheers

  10. #40
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I installed os x with iboot and sl 10.6 and windows 7. I can only boot successfully to os x and windows 7 when i use the iboot cd.

    I tried using EasyBCD, and it work(it let me choose at start up) but.i got kernal panic right after i got loaded to mac os. After that, I tired to reinstall mac os on the same partition...bit always stops at 40%. I had to partition the whole hard drive again which means i have to reinstall windows 7 also!!!

    please help me..i done this like 10 times already.


 

 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to dual Boot Leopard and Vista using EasyBCD
    By TJ2K7 in forum Dual Booting
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-26-2012, 08:26 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 01:20 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 03:25 PM
  4. How to Dual Boot Iatkos v7 and Windows Vista
    By amin99 in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 08:08 AM
  5. EasyBCD Dual Boot Question
    By one4house in forum Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 04:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:42 AM.
twitter, follow us!