Results 1 to 6 of 6
Discuss unable to reinstall blacksn0w/unlock at the Blacksn0w (3G(S) unlock) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi again, after hours of research I hope you're able to help me. I have ...
  1. #1
    Advanced Array Dirkdiggler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default unable to reinstall blacksn0w/unlock

    Hi again,
    after hours of research I hope you're able to help me.

    I have a 3GS; CW: 40; iBoot-359.3; Bootloader: 05.11.07
    "About" in iPhone tells me that i have firmware: 3.1.2

    I opend cydia "make my life easier, thanks" --> SHSH file 3.1.3 is available? (why not 3.1.2?)

    So I tried firmware umbrella and submit this to cydia. "could not get your ECID SHSH for that model/version" for 3.1.2.

    I have a custom-firmware for 3.1.2 which enables me to use my phone as an ipod - but locked! However I am not able to install a clean 3.1.2FW via iTunes.
    I am not able to unlock it via blackra1n. (blacksn0w is just not available after blackra1n) - if I download blacksn0w in cydia the phone will end up in recovery loop)

    Any suggestions would be great - or do I just need to wait? Would also be ok for me. (well not really, but what should I do else - and it's better than searching the internet for hours)

    I don't get it,... I mean on gehots page he stated: "blackra1n RC3 is also live for both Windows and Mac!!! Clean firmware 3.1.2 and baseband 05.11.07 are recommended."
    No offence - I just don't know why I am not able to unlock my phone.

    Big hug for every hint.
    BR
    Pat
    Last edited by Dirkdiggler; 03-12-2010 at 12:18 AM.
    Vienna
    had each generation of iphones jailbroken
    status quo: iphone4 fw4.0



  2. #2
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirkdiggler View Post
    I have a 3GS; CW: 40; iBoot-359.3; Bootloader: 05.11.07
    "About" in iPhone tells me that i have firmware: 3.1.2

    I opend cydia "make my life easier, thanks" --> SHSH file 3.1.3 is available? (why not 3.1.2?)

    So I tried firmware umbrella and submit this to cydia. "could not get your ECID SHSH for that model/version" for 3.1.2.
    See Apple stopped signing 3.1.3 today. Also what OS you are currently running has NOTHING to do with what SHSH apple sign based on your iPhone's unique ECID>

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirkdiggler View Post
    I have a custom-firmware for 3.1.2 which enables me to use my phone as an ipod - but locked! However I am not able to install a clean 3.1.2FW via iTunes.
    I am not able to unlock it via blackra1n. (blacksn0w is just not available after blackra1n) - if I download blacksn0w in cydia the phone will end up in recovery loop)

    Any suggestions would be great - or do I just need to wait? Would also be ok for me. (well not really, but what should I do else - and it's better than searching the internet for hours)

    I don't get it,... I mean on gehots page he stated: "blackra1n RC3 is also live for both Windows and Mac!!! Clean firmware 3.1.2 and baseband 05.11.07 are recommended."
    No offence - I just don't know why I am not able to unlock my phone
    Custom IPSW is already jailbroken, you risk needing to restore your phone by trying to jailbreak with blackra1n an already jailbroken phone.

    Have you tried simply restoring to a custom IPSW and then installing blacksn0w? Without any other items installed?

    Are you sure your custom IPSW is 3.1.2 and not 3.1.3 (which is not compatible with blacksn0w)
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  3. #3
    Senior Professional Array unl0cker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In my Mind
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I'm having similar issues. All versioning was ok (iboot.bb/os) it restores to a custom 3.1.2 fine (I dont have the shsh :/).

    But everytime I run backsnow in it, the phone won't boot and will be lopped@restore.

    So, no blacksnow==ok blacksnow==temp_brick

    I tried to bring it back by using irecovery (and a second backrain run), but it won't work.

    It is a 3GS, old bootrom, 3.1.2 with bb 05.11.07

    Any ideas guys?
    Last edited by unl0cker; 03-13-2010 at 04:43 PM.
    .

  4. #4
    Advanced Array Dirkdiggler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi again,
    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    See Apple stopped signing 3.1.3 today.
    Are you sure your custom IPSW is 3.1.2 and not 3.1.3 (which is not compatible with blacksn0w)
    in "about" of the phone it tells me 3.1.2 (7D11).

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    See [URL="http://www.hackint0sh.org/f203/109567.htm"]
    Have you tried simply restoring to a custom IPSW and then installing blacksn0w? Without any other items installed?
    Each time I try to restore in iTunes to a different IPSW than my custom one iTunes tells me that the version is not corret for my phone.
    I must admit it sounds like I have installed apples 3.1.3 but I never did this!
    Vienna
    had each generation of iphones jailbroken
    status quo: iphone4 fw4.0

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array unl0cker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In my Mind
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Different as in Apple's Original? If yes:

    It tells you that because apple is blocking you from installing anything that
    is not the current version, which now is 3.1.3.

    Your custom works because it is pwned. Try to see if you have the shsh for your iphone on file. Check Saurik's page for instructions on how to edit the hosts file to redirect itunes checks to saurik's server. If does not give you the error and you restore to 3.1.2 you have the shsh file on file inside his server. Otherwise, welcome to the Temp Brick Club.


  6. #6
    Advanced Array Dirkdiggler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unl0cker View Post
    Different as in Apple's Original? If yes:

    It tells you that because apple is blocking you from installing anything that
    is not the current version, which now is 3.1.3.

    Your custom works because it is pwned. Try to see if you have the shsh for your iphone on file. Check Saurik's page for instructions on how to edit the hosts file to redirect itunes checks to saurik's server. If does not give you the error and you restore to 3.1.2 you have the shsh file on file inside his server.
    i have only 3.1.3 on his server. but I just dont know why. I've never installed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by unl0cker View Post
    Otherwise, welcome to the Temp Brick Club.
    I hate this club. )
    Vienna
    had each generation of iphones jailbroken
    status quo: iphone4 fw4.0

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 03:46 PM
  2. blacksn0w unlock 3.1.3 FW
    By optimistic80 in forum Blacksn0w (3G(S) unlock)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 11:44 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 02:04 PM
  4. 3GS does not unlock w. BlackSn0w
    By PappaHorvath in forum Blacksn0w (3G(S) unlock)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 12:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:51 PM.
twitter, follow us!