blacksn0w *UNOFFICIAL* tutorial
Hi guys, after numerous amount of trial and error, I have finally got the iPhone 3G & 3GS in perfect working order. Newer iPhone 3GS will require you to run blackra1n.exe (RC3) to get out of recovery (DFU) mode each time you turn off or restart your iPhone.
» You tube: Works
» Internet Tethering: Works
» Wifi: Works
First and foremost, you will need an AT&T sim card to activate (without this your Youtube.app will not work. If you can get one of your friends to lend it to you for 10mins that would be awesome. If that is not possible then you will be able to hacktivate and enable Youtube.app by following step number 13.
1. Insert your AT&T Sim card in iPhone (Skip this step if you intend on using Cydia to hacktivate your iPhone)
2. Restore your iPhone on itunes with firmware 3.1.2
3. After restore is complete, iTunes will ask if you would like to update your carrier settings. Click Yes. (You will notice on your iPhone it will say "Waiting for Activation". During this wait, Connect to your Wifi Network and check to see your Youtube app works)
4. While your iPhone is still connected to your computer, Download and open blackra1n.exe ( http://blackra1n.com/ ) and make it rain with your AT&T Sim Card still in the iPhone. (Your iPhone must be connected to your Wifi) Follow the process and once your iPhone restarts it will continue to say "Waiting for Activation, This make some time." Slide to Unlock then tap blackra1n app on your iPhone.
5. Please tap only "snow" and click install. DO NOT install Cydia or Rock from the blackra1n app at this moment.
6. If when installing "snow" freezes press the home button and reload
blackra1n app and try re-installing snow.
7. Take out your AT&T Sim card and insert your own sim card.
8. Go to Settings>Network>Cellular Data Network> Enter your APN. (Don't forget to turn off your 3G settings)
9. Your iPhone should display "iPhone Activated" anytime now.
10. Go to Settings> Turn Airplane Mode ON> Hold down Power Button and shutdown your iPhone, wait a 30 seconds or so then turn your iPhone back on.
11. Go back to Settings> Turn Airplane Mode OFF. This should enable Wifi. (If your Wifi still does not work, either you can follow steps 10 & 11 until you get a Wifi connection or follow step 13 to fix Youtube and Wifi. There is a flaw with Wifi during boot up of the iPhone due to blackra1n unlock)
12. Install Cydia from the blackra1n app on your iPhone at your own risk. (Complete upgrade Cydia as necessary)
13. Wifi and Push Fix can be implemented within Cydia. Push, YouTube, & WiFi issues are caused by hacktivation. To fix this issue, add http://cydia.iphoneil.net/ as a source, return to Section and look for "iPhoneil Utilities", install "Push Fix & Youtube".
I got tethering to work with benm.at mobileconfig file. I made a custom mobileconfig file from benm.at website through my iPhone Safari.
help.BenM.at mobileconfigs » http://help.benm.at/tethering.php
help.BenM.at custom mobileconfigs » http://help.benm.at/generator.php
Internet Tethering works flawlessly via Bluetooth and USB Cable :)
**Make sure you go in to Settings>General>Network>Internet Tethering and turn it ON**
Setting up MMS for T-Mobile:
Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network
MMS Proxy: 220.127.116.11:8080
MMS UA Prof URL:
How to change your iPhone's Root Password:
If you plan to use Cydia or any other third party iPhone application it is highly recommended that you change your iPhone root password. Click the link below for an easy and quick tutorial.