Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Discuss I am losing WiFi after rebooting my Jailbreak iPhone at the Blacksn0w (3G(S) unlock) - Hackint0sh.org; I am losing WiFi after rebooting my Jailbreak iPhone i Jailbreak and Unlock my iPhone ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Red face I am losing WiFi after rebooting my Jailbreak iPhone

    I am losing WiFi after rebooting my Jailbreak iPhone

    i Jailbreak and Unlock my iPhone 3GS following this tutorial.

    tutorial for: How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3G, 3GS Using BlackSn0w [Windows]
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3G, 3GS Using BlackSn0w [Windows]

    And everything worked Ok. than i installed Winter Board app for themes from Cydia. As usual after installing this app, cydia gives you the only option "Reboot iPhone". then I reconnected my Iphone to the computer and use BlackRa1n to boot it. But then my iPhone wasn't able to recognize any wifi. so I had to do it from the start Jailbreak and Unlock again my iPhone 3GS to see that my wifi is working again.

    Can anybody give my any clue hove to don lose my iphone WiFi after booting my iphone with BlackRa1n.

    Pleas help.



  2. #2
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Your description makes it sound like it is installing winterboard that kills your wifi. I find that unlikely but if it is really the case, test by restoring your iPhone and jailbreaking but not installing winterboard. see if your wifi works

    Also reset network settings has been reported to work for many with wifi problems.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Your description makes it sound like it is installing winterboard that kills your wifi. I find that unlikely but if it is really the case, test by restoring your iPhone and jailbreaking but not installing winterboard. see if your wifi works

    Also reset network settings has been reported to work for many with wifi problems.

    Yes I did it like you are saying. I restoring your iPhone and jailbreaking but not installing winterboard. then WiFi was working perfect. but whene i rebooted my iphone i Lost my WiFi again.

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Your description makes it sound like it is installing winterboard that kills your wifi. I find that unlikely but if it is really the case, test by restoring your iPhone and jailbreaking but not installing winterboard. see if your wifi works

    Also reset network settings has been reported to work for many with wifi problems.
    @olithros
    in any case we lost the wifi so we can recover it again?

  5. #5
    me.
    me. is offline
    Senior Professional Array me.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    405
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    This seems to be a widespread issue.. I've seen numerous reports of people losing their Wi-Fi after rebooting their 3GS. Some argue that's because of blackra1n jailbreak. The solution that seems to be fixing the Wi-Fi issue is restoring to custom 3.1.2 with Cydia, and installing blacksn0w from Cydia to unlock, bypassing blackra1n...


  6. #6
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    I don't think it is blackra1n, users who have never jailbroken have reported wifi problems also.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  7. #7
    bmw
    bmw is offline
    Supporter Array bmw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Turn your Airplane mode ON then hold the power button and shut off your iPhone. Then restart your iPhone and turn Airplane mode OFF and check to see if you get Wifi Network connection.

    Do the steps above repeatedly until you get a Wifi Network connection.
    There is no such thing as a mistake, there is what you do, and what you don't do.

  8. #8
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by me. View Post
    This seems to be a widespread issue.. I've seen numerous reports of people losing their Wi-Fi after rebooting their 3GS. Some argue that's because of blackra1n jailbreak. The solution that seems to be fixing the Wi-Fi issue is restoring to custom 3.1.2 with Cydia, and installing blacksn0w from Cydia to unlock, bypassing blackra1n...
    the only way you can restore to custom firmware 3.1.2 is if and only if the phone in pwned / jailbroken.

    If you have a never pwned/jailbroken phone then you must blackra1n it first then restore custom firmware.

    FWIW, I have been unable to produce the wifi issue. What I have done so far is:
    - jailbreak with blackra1in
    - then immediately restore with custom firmware create from pwnagetool
    - after that, update cydia, add source b lackra1n.com and install blacksn0w

    I've done this on a 3G, 3GS iphones
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **

  9. #9
    bmw
    bmw is offline
    Supporter Array bmw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    the only way you can restore to custom firmware 3.1.2 is if and only if the phone in pwned / jailbroken.

    If you have a never pwned/jailbroken phone then you must blackra1n it first then restore custom firmware.

    FWIW, I have been unable to produce the wifi issue. What I have done so far is:
    - jailbreak with blackra1in
    - then immediately restore with custom firmware create from pwnagetool
    - after that, update cydia, add source b lackra1n.com and install blacksn0w

    I've done this on a 3G, 3GS iphones

    Will this fix the issue with the new bootrom on the newer iPhone 3gs where as when you restart your iPhone, it goes in to recovery mode?
    There is no such thing as a mistake, there is what you do, and what you don't do.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmw View Post
    Will this fix the issue with the new bootrom on the newer iPhone 3gs where as when you restart your iPhone, it goes in to recovery mode?
    No it won't, only solution for that at the moment is to re-run blackra1n after each boot.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!


 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 12:19 AM
  2. [Problem] wifi turns itself off when rebooting iPhone after unlock
    By 2low4snow in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 08:08 PM
  3. [Wifi] iPhone keeps rebooting when it's ON
    By rexian in forum General
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-02-2008, 09:51 AM
  4. losing wifi settings
    By dragonman0 in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 01:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:18 PM.
twitter, follow us!