Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Discuss I am losing WiFi after rebooting my Jailbreak iPhone at the Blacksn0w (3G(S) unlock) - Hackint0sh.org; This is a known issue and is most likely caused by a bug in blacksn0w. ...
  1. #11
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This is a known issue and is most likely caused by a bug in blacksn0w. Read geohots blog of comments and many users are experiencing the same thing. I as well have lost wifi after restarting therefore just stopped using my 3GS until geohot can update the buggy blacksn0w. Some people say reset network settings but that will only fix it temporarily. If you restart again it'll lose wifi again. Not even sure if geohot is working on a fix despite many people explaining to him in details what the problem was on his twitter.

    To others that say it is working perfectly, try restarting your iphone 3GS with wifi on and you'll see what the problem is.


  2. #12
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psyduckiee View Post
    This is a known issue and is most likely caused by a bug in blacksn0w. Read geohots blog of comments and many users are experiencing the same thing. I as well have lost wifi after restarting therefore just stopped using my 3GS until geohot can update the buggy blacksn0w. Some people say reset network settings but that will only fix it temporarily. If you restart again it'll lose wifi again. Not even sure if geohot is working on a fix despite many people explaining to him in details what the problem was on his twitter.

    To others that say it is working perfectly, try restarting your iphone 3GS with wifi on and you'll see what the problem is.

    Actually, I had the problem in the beginning, now it is gone.....do you try resetting network settings? then toggle airplane mode?

  3. #13
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I unlocked using BS last Friday and have had zero issues with it on my 3GS since. GH is not working on a solution as he feels it is an Apple issue, not Blackra1n or Blacksn0w. Check his Twitter.

  4. #14
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolento View Post
    Actually, I had the problem in the beginning, now it is gone.....do you try resetting network settings? then toggle airplane mode?
    I haven't tried it yet because don't want to deal with crashing anymore. Might try it later though. So after resetting network settings, you immediately toggle airplane mode? Have you tried restarting your iphone 3GS a few times yet?

  5. #15
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jomo25 View Post
    I unlocked using BS last Friday and have had zero issues with it on my 3GS since. GH is not working on a solution as he feels it is an Apple issue, not Blackra1n or Blacksn0w. Check his Twitter.
    It can't be an Apple issue since wifi works fine after many others and myself remove blacksn0w through cydia.


  6. #16
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default I think I know the solution.

    Wi-Fi Problems usually happens if you install black snow twice. In that case restore the whole thing and then use blackra1n and install cydia only. Then install backsnow from Cydia. It cleared my problem of wi-fi.

  7. #17
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm just relaying what GH is saying.

    But if many people have installed BR and BS, and haven't had issues, then by similar logic BS isn't necessarily at fault.

  8. #18
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I am getting this same issue. I restored to 3.1.2, ran blackra1n, installed cydia and blacksn0w through the blackra1n app and after a reboot I had no wifi. I tried it like someone suggested by jailbreaking with blacksn0w, then doing blackra1n through cydia instead and still have the same problem....

    edit: forgot to mention that reseting network settings resolved the problem until next reboot. So it is liveable as I hardly ever turn off my iphone but it is still a pain.

  9. #19
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viperice View Post
    I am getting this same issue. I restored to 3.1.2, ran blackra1n, installed cydia and blacksn0w through the blackra1n app and after a reboot I had no wifi. I tried it like someone suggested by jailbreaking with blacksn0w, then doing blackra1n through cydia instead and still have the same problem....

    edit: forgot to mention that reseting network settings resolved the problem until next reboot. So it is liveable as I hardly ever turn off my iphone but it is still a pain.
    have you tryed restoring whith custom firmware? i have had this problem at first try, then restored to custom 3.1.2 and restoring network settings fixed my phone.
    and now i am blackra1ned again and after cydia installation instal push fix, only then isntal all other app you need from cydia. (in this way i have wi-fi).

  10. #20
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eitvydax View Post
    have you tryed restoring whith custom firmware? i have had this problem at first try, then restored to custom 3.1.2 and restoring network settings fixed my phone.
    and now i am blackra1ned again and after cydia installation instal push fix, only then isntal all other app you need from cydia. (in this way i have wi-fi).
    Do you mean you are now blacksn0wed again? You say blackra1ned again but I cannot understand why you need to blackra1n again after using custom firmware.

    I do not recommend the cydia push fix, it does not work. use the push fix documented here http://www.hackint0sh.org/f137/96714.htm instead
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!


 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 12:19 AM
  2. [Problem] wifi turns itself off when rebooting iPhone after unlock
    By 2low4snow in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 08:08 PM
  3. [Wifi] iPhone keeps rebooting when it's ON
    By rexian in forum General
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-02-2008, 09:51 AM
  4. losing wifi settings
    By dragonman0 in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 01:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:10 AM.
twitter, follow us!