Discuss How to Protect jailbroken iphone in case of mistaken update to 3.1.3 & 5.09+ BL at the Blacksn0w (3G(S) unlock) - Hackint0sh.org; I am buying a iphone 3GS 32gb, almost new. It is already jailbroken and unlocked ...
How to Protect jailbroken iphone in case of mistaken update to 3.1.3 & 5.09+ BL
I am buying a iphone 3GS 32gb, almost new. It is already jailbroken and unlocked with firmware 3.1.2.
I've read all the horror stories about people mistakenly upgrading to 3.1.3, but worse to bootloader 06.04, 06.02, or 05.09, and NOT being able to downgrade with fuzzy, so that their phone is locked.
I just wanted to know the best way to protect the phone in the state it is in as soon as I get it. What would be the steps to take immediately in case I do mistakenly update the firmware or bootloader or baseband to versions which don't have hacks for them right now?
Any help is appreciated.
You have a few things confused.
Originally Posted by Zermelo
- If you are buying a 3GS with OS 3.1.2, be sure to check that the seller backed up the SHSH for this phone for OS 3.1.2 (preferably earlier) - see Apple stopped signing 3.1.2 today
- There is no fuzzyband loophole for 3GS to downgrade baseband.
- Without a SHSH for 3.1.2 you can't ever reload official 3.1.2
- I would also confirm that the 3GS you are buying still has 04.26.08 baseband and is unlocked with ultrasn0w. Blacksn0w unlock is unstable and results in 20% chance of losing wifi.
- Bootloader (more accurately called baseband bootloader) does not get upgraded by the normal iTunes upgrade process. See: Baseband Bootloader - The iPhone Wiki for more details.
To answer your actual question. The only thing that can help you from accidentally upgrading is to untick the "check for updates" option in all copies of iTunes that you use.
Last edited by Olethros; 02-18-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Please read the stickies & search forum before posting! How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter
Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!
By aaronmarsh632 in forum iPhone 3GS
Last Post: 09-17-2011, 08:13 PM
By JayTee in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 10-31-2010, 08:35 PM
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 05-11-2010, 03:20 AM
By elementflip8 in forum Flea Market
Last Post: 07-21-2008, 11:17 PM
By djspacebug in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-14-2008, 09:41 PM