Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 140
Discuss RESOLUTION: Blacksn0w Reboot Loop / No WiFi Signal / Reset Network Settings / Unlock at the Blackra1n (3G(S) jailbreak) - Hackint0sh.org; On a 3GS the data partition is /dev/disk0s2s1 Code: mount_hfs /dev/disk0s2s1 /mnt2...
  1. #121
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    On a 3GS the data partition is /dev/disk0s2s1
    Code:
    mount_hfs /dev/disk0s2s1 /mnt2
    Last edited by Olethros; 10-31-2010 at 10:59 PM.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!


  2. #122
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ok good news i can do the putty thing and with filezilla i can see the filesystem but the folder mnt2 is not accessable. i think that i have to write some commands.

    maybe these ones:


    fsck_hfs /dev/disk0s1
    mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1 /mnt2

    When i do it, it says: Resource busy.

    What can i do? If i dont mount the mnt2 i will not be able to acces to the sms file. I would like to save all my data, if its hard, just the sms file through putty maybe? I dont know the commands though

    Here i upload some pictures of what i see and the problem:




    And here the error in putty:


  3. #123
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    On a 3GS the data partition is /dev/disk0s2s1
    Code:
    mount_hfs /dev/disk0s2s1 /mnt2
    So when i establish the putty connection and i put the root and pasword, what commands do i have to write to be able to see the files in filezilla?

    First i write mount_hfs /dev/disk0s2s1 /mnt2 or the fdsk?

  4. #124
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    OK! I have been able to access!!!


    I wrote these commands:


    root
    alpine
    mount
    fsck_hfs /dev/disk0s2s1
    mount_hfs /dev/disk0s2s1 /mnt2


    After that i opened filezilla.
    Server: localhost
    User: root
    Pass: alpine
    Port: 22


    Then i went to this folder: /mnt2/mobile.

    I am actually copying that folder to my pc.

    I have a doubt. I allways used bitesms and i found a folder called bitesms wich contains a file called bitesms.db wich is quite big. Where are my sms, in that file or in the SMS/sms.db(file much bigger) ?




    Wow i cant believe i did it.

    This is easier that it seems but no one has explained it in easy-steps.



    I have to say thank you to olethros and msftguy.

    Thanks a lot.

    Can i do anything to make it work without restoring now?
    Last edited by idekitu; 11-01-2010 at 12:18 AM.

  5. #125
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DsurioN View Post
    I've got another possible solution to this problem. (Worked for me)

    Last week I was trying to figure out a way to disable the unlock temorarily so I could boot up the phone. Comex helped me create a special version of redsn0w that doesn't actually run the jailbreak but simply runs a delete command to get rid of /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist. This way CommCenter doesn't start and therefore blacksn0w doesn't load with it. Once I booted up the phone successfully I immediately removed blacksn0w and installed RC2. Make sure you have a virgin (and running) CommCenter before installing RC2. What i mean by this is that it should tell you there is no SIM when you take your SIM out, and tell you it is an invalid SIM when you pop it back in. If CommCenter isn't running properly try this command:

    launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

    Also make sure the old blacksn0w.dylib is deleted from /usr/lib before you install RC2.

    Here is the modified redsn0w:

    redsn0w-mac_0.9.4-modified.zip

    Simply run through the normal jailbreak process and make sure to select "Install Cydia" - NOT "just boot tethered right now". No, this will not install Cydia again, since the code should only run the delete command. You will see the "downloading jailbreak data" screen and then it will reboot (hopefully) to the home screen! Good luck
    Thanks so much for this. I was stuck with an iPhone 3G which wouldn't boot and I HAD to have the data. I searched for days trying to figure it out. I even thought of replacing chips from another iphone, but then I found out that the data and OS are on the same chip... when I finally found this brilliant solution. I love this comex guy. Thanks a billion!


  6. #126
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DsurioN
    I've got another possible solution to this problem. (Worked for me)

    Last week I was trying to figure out a way to disable the unlock temorarily so I could boot up the phone. Comex helped me create a special version of redsn0w that doesn't actually run the jailbreak but simply runs a delete command to get rid of /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist. This way CommCenter doesn't start and therefore blacksn0w doesn't load with it. Once I booted up the phone successfully I immediately removed blacksn0w and installed RC2. Make sure you have a virgin (and running) CommCenter before installing RC2. What i mean by this is that it should tell you there is no SIM when you take your SIM out, and tell you it is an invalid SIM when you pop it back in. If CommCenter isn't running properly try this command:

    launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

    Also make sure the old blacksn0w.dylib is deleted from /usr/lib before you install RC2.

    Here is the modified redsn0w:

    redsn0w-mac_0.9.4-modified.zip

    Simply run through the normal jailbreak process and make sure to select "Install Cydia" - NOT "just boot tethered right now". No, this will not install Cydia again, since the code should only run the delete command. You will see the "downloading jailbreak data" screen and then it will reboot (hopefully) to the home screen! Good luck
    I Have tried this but my iphone seems to not be able to get stuck on the waiting for reboot after the patch, it seems to just stay in dfu mode is there a way to fix this?
    thanks
    Last edited by Olethros; 11-30-2010 at 10:24 AM.

  7. #127
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n1teraven View Post
    I Have tried this but my iphone seems to not be able to get stuck on the waiting for reboot after the patch, it seems to just stay in dfu mode is there a way to fix this?
    thanks
    Try unplugging and replugging the USB cable at that stage, this can often kickstart the stuck "waiting for reboot" phase
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  8. #128
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n1ckn4m3 View Post
    FIX #2:
    Keep blackra1n open and keep the phone plugged in, and go do something for 8 to 12 to 16 hours. This is a VERY IMPORTANT STEP.
    .
    Here is my problem
    16GB 3gs, 3.1.2, new bootrom, baseband 05.11.07.
    It's was successfully jailbreaked by blackrain several times before.

    Today I use AutoSHSH first time to get a .SHSH file (how to tell what's the version of this file?)

    I accidentally reboot the iphone, then I used blackrain RC3 to do a jailbreak, it was OK, but the device can't find Wifi, so I reset "network setting", after some time, the iphone showed "white apple" then "USB and itune", I thought I should do another jailbreak, but no luck this time. Although balckrain showed "Your jailbreak is done once the device reboots......", the iphone stuck at Geohot image, and did several reboot and used blackrain, the iphone still stuck at Geohot image
    I want to use FIX #2, but do I just "Keep blackra1n open and keep the phone plugged in" without hitting "make it ra1n" button on blakrain?
    Last edited by netsonicyxf; 12-04-2010 at 05:45 PM.

  9. #129
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by netsonicyxf View Post
    I want to use FIX #2, but do I just "Keep blackra1n open and keep the phone plugged in" without hitting "make it ra1n" button on blakrain?
    We don't support AutoSHSH here, none of the ih8sn0w tools are supported or recommended here. Use TinyUmbrella to retrieve your SHSH - it is regularly updated and recommended.

    The question is - are you using the blacksn0w unlock? this whole problem is created by blacksn0w, if you are not running blacksn0w (just using blackra1n to tethered boot) then you have a different problem.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  10. #130
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baro View Post
    is there anything like this for windows? I guess it is my last hope....

    my 3gs 3.1.2 wont boot anymore: apple logo, spinning wheel, reboot (endless cycle )
    i've been trying to let the battery run out but as soon as the phone starts again nothing happens: blackra1n keeps waiting for the device (and itunes is running)

    i'm only able to run blackra1n if I go into recovery mode: gehot pic appears for several seconds, then I get the spinning wheel, it reboots and then... back to where I started again

    any suggestion please??

    I would like something like this (redsn0w-mac_0.9.4-modified.zip) but in windows.

    If I am able to get inside with the ssh ramdisk (did it long time ago, it was not easy)... what I should do to remove Blacksnow and get a normal simlocked phone?

    Thanks in advance


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. No Signal, No Wifi, No Carrier option in settings. please help
    By Duncan 'Fresher' Stafford in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 06:12 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 02:12 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 08:58 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 04:50 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 06:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:26 AM.
twitter, follow us!