Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
Discuss Latest iBoot iBoot-359.3.2 with RC2 at the Blackra1n (3G(S) jailbreak) - Hackint0sh.org; Has anyone tried the new iBoot with RC2? I tried it on my 3Gs and ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Latest iBoot iBoot-359.3.2 with RC2

    Has anyone tried the new iBoot with RC2?

    I tried it on my 3Gs and it don't seem to be working right. I get up to geohot's pic, then it tries to reboot and then just gets stuck in recovery mode with itune pic.

    The only way to get it up and running again is to flash the official 3Gs ipsw.



  2. #2
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Same here. I think you can't jailbreak yet on OTB with 3.1.2.
    RC1 = black screen.
    RC2 = recover screen.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Have you tried to run RC2 twice?

    I thought it was the case that because the jailbreak is tethered, you need to use RC2 to push it to boot each time.

    That was kind of how the semi-tethered jailbreak for iPod Touch 2G worked before 24kpwn was discovered.

  4. #4
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Have you tried to run RC2 twice?

    I thought it was the case that because the jailbreak is tethered, you need to use RC2 to push it to boot each time.

    That was kind of how the semi-tethered jailbreak for iPod Touch 2G worked before 24kpwn was discovered.

    So when it goes into the recovery screen, restart blackra1n?

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Yeah... that's what I meant. I don't have any way to test this myself but I believe that was how geohot intended the jailbreak needs to work on these new 3GS phones with the 24kpwn fixed.


  6. #6
    Please confirm your eMail or contact staff! Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Yeah... that's what I meant. I don't have any way to test this myself but I believe that was how geohot intended the jailbreak needs to work on these new 3GS phones with the 24kpwn fixed.
    3GS (3.1 OTB update to 3.12)

    I have tested RC2 on 3GS with new Boot rom

    As you have said , I need to use RC2 to push it to boot each time
    Last edited by xtronic; 10-29-2009 at 02:25 PM.

  7. #7
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Yup. You need to do it twice hence the term "tethered jailbreak". It means the phone much be attached to complete the process. In previous versions, once the payload was sent to device, you can disconnect the cable at it will run uninterrupted (un-tethered)
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **

  8. #8
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    This is interesting for a friend I'm trying to help. He has a 3.1.2 3GS with the new iBoot.

    Q1: Can someone please double check that I understand this correctly.

    a. We can jailbreak his 3GS using BlackRa1n RC 2 as "tethered"; that is, he has to keep his 3GS connected with a USB cable and then run BR twice.
    b. Once done, his 3GS is JBed...Pwned...and he can run BlackSn0w to unlock.
    c. In the future, he can use Pwnage or any other JB/RedSn0w tools the Dev Team brings out to stay on the "Pwnage Train".


    Q2: What about BlackRa1n RC3? Is the tethering still required? Does he need to run it twice?

    Thanks for any experience you can share!

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by decagon View Post
    Q1: Can someone please double check that I understand this correctly.

    a. We can jailbreak his 3GS using BlackRa1n RC 2 as "tethered"; that is, he has to keep his 3GS connected with a USB cable and then run BR twice.
    b. Once done, his 3GS is JBed...Pwned...and he can run BlackSn0w to unlock.
    c. In the future, he can use Pwnage or any other JB/RedSn0w tools the Dev Team brings out to stay on the "Pwnage Train".


    Q2: What about BlackRa1n RC3? Is the tethering still required? Does he need to run it twice?
    1. Not really, the dev team will need to update their tools.
    2. yes still tethered jailbreak.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  10. #10
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    1. Not really, the dev team will need to update their tools.
    2. yes still tethered jailbreak.
    Thanks for replying so quickly!

    So, if I understand you correctly, the Dev Team's Pwnage tools are not compatible with BlackRa1n at the moment?


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Iboot
    By shorinji1 in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 05:19 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 11:41 PM
  3. iboot 359.3 ( work ?)
    By maconlysource in forum Blackra1n (3G(S) jailbreak)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 08:32 AM
  4. New iBoot 359.3.2 = NO JAILBREAK (3gs 3.1.2 OTB)
    By Toaster in forum Blacksn0w (3G(S) unlock)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 12:17 AM
  5. RC2 and iBoot-359.3.2
    By slim2001 in forum Blackra1n (3G(S) jailbreak)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 04:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:08 AM.
twitter, follow us!