Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
Like Tree1Likes
Discuss How to rejailbreak an unlocked jailbroken 3gs 3.1.2 without SHSH backup at the Blackra1n (3G(S) jailbreak) - Hackint0sh.org; Yup.... get/borrow a mac and do it right ... You have one shot at this ...
  1. #11
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Yup.... get/borrow a mac and do it right ...
    You have one shot at this and then you will be pwned for life, don't screw it up
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **

  2. Thanks sam thanked for this post.

  3. #12
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I've got a friend's iPhone 3Gs old boot 3.1.2 no SHSH (only latest 4.1.2+) jailbroken with jailbreakme.com and therefore as far as I understand the LBB shouldn't be patched (with the 24kpwn exploit) and therefore we can't use custom fw without a SHSH.
    is applying again the jailbreak with redsn0w (to patch the LLB) an option to upgrade with a custom 4.1? or the unofficial bundle for a tethered 4.2.1 is my only choice?

    ps
    the iPhone is factory unlocked

  4. #13
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baro View Post
    I've got a friend's iPhone 3Gs old boot 3.1.2 no SHSH (only latest 4.1.2+) jailbroken with jailbreakme.com and therefore as far as I understand the LBB shouldn't be patched (with the 24kpwn exploit) and therefore we can't use custom fw without a SHSH.
    is applying again the jailbreak with redsn0w (to patch the LLB) an option to upgrade with a custom 4.1? or the unofficial bundle for a tethered 4.2.1 is my only choice?
    There is an "unsupported" spirit2pwn program that can go from userland JB to patched LLB on an old bootrom 3GS. It's not 100% reliable though.

    I've also got a factory unlocked 3GS, but I haven't had the time to properly test the 4.2.1 unofficial untethered pwnagetool bundle.

    As you have a factory unlocked phone, you can simply use restore to 4.2.1 and use redsn0w linked right at the bottom of this post Dev-Team Blog - Thanksgiving with Apple

    That will update your baseband, but it shouldn't really matter as you have a factory unlocked. I personally avoid baseband updates.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #14
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Thank you for your clearification

    It is then safe to do some testing with spirit2pwn and the unofficial 4.2.1 bundle; if I succeed I would avoid the modem upgrade (I do preferit that too) but if something goes wrong, old bootrom factory unlocked means no problem doing a simple 4.2.1 restore.

  6. #15
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baro View Post
    Thank you for your clearification

    It is then safe to do some testing with spirit2pwn and the unofficial 4.2.1 bundle; if I succeed I would avoid the modem upgrade (I do preferit that too) but if something goes wrong, old bootrom factory unlocked means no problem doing a simple 4.2.1 restore.
    Spirit2pwn is very version dependent. You need to confirm that there is support for 3.1.2 in spirit2pwn.

    Also.. I have another idea... (safer - in a way). If you have access to a mac.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  7. Thanks sam thanked for this post.

  8. #16
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    hi all i'm back again...well when i finally borrowed a mac from a friend (ibook G4) i downloaded the pwnagetool 3.1.5 but the program is not installing (no mountable file systems) for some reason... so for now i couldn't make a custom firmware... i wanna ask you if i can save SHSH blobs in my situations while Cydia is not working because i read in previous posts that we can save SHSH blobs even without jailbreak. in my case my phone is Jailbreaked but cydia not working (there's also youtube and push notifications not working) but i can't get it work without the use of cydia and when i try to reinstall cydia from blackra1n the installation crashes after unpacking cydia (on respringing). so here are my questions:
    1. Can i save SHSH blobs before proceeding with anything
    2. Can i use a custom firmware downloaded from the internet instead of using pwnagetool

  9. #17
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by periohead View Post
    hi all i'm back again...well when i finally borrowed a mac from a friend (ibook G4) i downloaded the pwnagetool 3.1.5 but the program is not installing (no mountable file systems) for some reason... so for now i couldn't make a custom firmware... i wanna ask you if i can save SHSH blobs in my situations while Cydia is not working because i read in previous posts that we can save SHSH blobs even without jailbreak. in my case my phone is Jailbreaked but cydia not working (there's also youtube and push notifications not working) but i can't get it work without the use of cydia and when i try to reinstall cydia from blackra1n the installation crashes after unpacking cydia (on respringing). so here are my questions:
    Quote Originally Posted by periohead View Post
    1. Can i save SHSH blobs before proceeding with anything
    Yes with TinyUmbrella - if apple is still signing the iOS version you are requesting a SHSH blob for (right now you can only save SHSH blobs for 4.2.1).
    Thinking that you need to have Cydia working to save your SHSH is a very common misconception.

    Quote Originally Posted by periohead View Post
    2. Can i use a custom firmware downloaded from the internet instead of using pwnagetool
    This is illegal, we can't help you or recommend you take illegal activities.
    As well as being illegal, there is a risk that the author of custom IPSW has included unwanted (and maybe malicious) software.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  10. #18
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    epic fail
    spirit2pwn was succesfull.... then I've been trying to use a custom 4.1 (with SAM and ultrasn0w, only custom I have as I do not have a MAC) but I ended up with a DFU mode....

  11. #19
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baro View Post
    epic fail
    spirit2pwn was succesfull.... then I've been trying to use a custom 4.1 (with SAM and ultrasn0w, only custom I have as I do not have a MAC) but I ended up with a DFU mode....
    Probably because you didn't have a 4.1 SHSH for that device.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  12. #20
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    tried another custom fw no activation no cydia and it all went smooth
    4.2.1 and 05.12.01 if this iPhone was simlocked, this could probably be a suitable method for a 3.1.2/3.1.3 oldboot upgrade: spirit2pwn + 4.2.1 custom


 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Version 1.1.3 Unlocked, Possible to ReJailbreak?
    By condenstation in forum Redsn0w
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 11:21 PM
  2. unlocked 3GS 4.0.1 tried to save shsh and it saved 4.1 shsh ?? help!
    By LS6_5SPD in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 04:04 PM
  3. Get SHSH from iTunes backup?
    By Jailbreak'r in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 10:47 PM
  4. 4.0.1 Live (Backup 4.0 SHSH While you can)
    By Wassco in forum Spirit (jailbreak)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 06:26 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 03:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:37 PM.
twitter, follow us!