Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Discuss Blackra1n - unable to jailbreak at the Blackra1n (3G(S) jailbreak) - Hackint0sh.org; ...
  1. #1
    Professional Array vikschillin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Unhappy Blackra1n - unable to jailbreak

    Step 1: Hi, i have Factory unlocked 3Gs, so i just need Jailbreak

    I have downloaded blackra1n, and tried several times to do it! I keep getting an error report about sql dynamic library blackra1n entry point not found???? Help!!! Im running vista!

    procedure entry point sqlite3_prepare_v2 could not be located in the dynamic lnk library SQLite3.dll

    Also plz tell me if the DEV team is expected to come out with a Jailbreak soon enough for me to wait for that..

    Step 2: Tried this;
    click on start and click run, then paste this,
    xcopy

    %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\sqlite3.dll%windir%\system32\y

    then run it again

    It finally runs but;

    Step 3: it hanges on the restore screen, log nodepad is empty

    i have tried everything; Airplane mode, killing the itunes apps, ipod, itunes helper etc..

    wat more can i do??

    I am already sick of it.PLZ HELP GET JAILBREAKED..PLZ



  2. #2
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Are you running a 64 bit version of vista? Are you running a non English version of Vista with a different location for Program Files than c:\program files\

    I would not advise you to run the command you mention here. There are many safer ways to get blackra1n to find the correct DLLs

    Also, please calm down, you will get much more useful help if you take it slowly and explain the steps you have taken clearly.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  3. #3
    Professional Array vikschillin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Are you running a 64 bit version of vista? Are you running a non English version of Vista with a different location for Program Files than c:\program files\

    I would not advise you to run the command you mention here. There are many safer ways to get blackra1n to find the correct DLLs

    Also, please calm down, you will get much more useful help if you take it slowly and explain the steps you have taken clearly.
    Hi, explaining all the details here;

    1. i am running Vista Home Premium 32bit
    2. English version and no the program files reside in c:\program files as normally they do

    3. i used the command line here without understanding it as 1 of the forums suggested that ....after that blackra1n did run (if running from the desktop and not through c:\ root) but it hangs on the restore screen all the time

    4. i have tried killing the applicaions by Ctr+Alt+Del, it does not help

    5. Ran the program as administrator and compatible more to Win XP SP2

    6. Itunes gives and error saying " iTunes Photo Processor has stopped working" tried reinstalling iTunes 9.02.25 - gives the same error every time i sync my iphone

    7. Tried creating an additional user account on my system - gives me the same problem

    Hope these details would be helpful for u to locate the issue -
    .thanks a ton f all the help - Awaiting ur response..


    Update 1: i got the DLL error fixed....now i can run Blackra1n but it hanfs at the restore screen, have tried it about 5 times...need to restore from itunes after it gets stuck at the restore screen...can u help me out of this plz..
    Last edited by vikschillin; 11-14-2009 at 08:05 PM.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vikschillin View Post
    1. i am running Vista Home Premium 32bit
    2. English version and no the program files reside in c:\program files as normally they do
    3. i used the command line here without understanding it as 1 of the forums suggested that ....after that blackra1n did run (if running from the desktop and not through c:\ root) but it hangs on the restore screen all the time
    4. i have tried killing the applicaions by Ctr+Alt+Del, it does not help
    5. Ran the program as administrator and compatible more to Win XP SP2
    6. Itunes gives and error saying " iTunes Photo Processor has stopped working" tried reinstalling iTunes 9.02.25 - gives the same error every time i sync my iphone
    Okay, that last error gave more of a clue... There are others who have this problem. See this thread on apple's forums Apple - Support - Discussions - Error iTunesHelper.exe after installing ...

    It seems that part of the problem is inconsistent versions of this SQLlite DLL incorrectly installed/registered by different apple apps (Safari, iTunes) and other apps (Picassa is one)

    I could go into more details about this, however these are the two things you can try. I don't really like these solutions but without access to your system to see which program has registered things incorrectly it is hard to provide a proper fix.

    1. Delete the copy of SQLite3.dll from %windir%\system32
    2. Navigate in Windows Explorer to: %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support
    3. Locate the file named SQLite3.dll.
    4. Right-click the SQLite3.dll file and choose Copy.
    5. Navigate in Windows Explorer to: %ProgramFiles%\iTunes
    6. Right-click in the white area of the folder and choose Paste. NOTE: This requires administrator access.
    7. Restart the computer.


    If that does not work, grab the following file: sqlite3.dll free download - DLL-files.com unzip it and copy the SQLite3.dll into %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support and %ProgramFiles%\iTunes folders

    If that does not work, copy the SQLite3.dll file you downloaded into the %windir%\system32

    If all of those things do not work... report back here... we will see what can be done about this.

    I highly doubt this problem is actually created by iTunes (but if I get bored I may poke around in the iTunes installer to be sure).
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #5
    Professional Array vikschillin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Okay, that last error gave more of a clue... There are others who have this problem. See this thread on apple's forums Apple - Support - Discussions - Error iTunesHelper.exe after installing ...

    It seems that part of the problem is inconsistent versions of this SQLlite DLL incorrectly installed/registered by different apple apps (Safari, iTunes) and other apps (Picassa is one)

    I could go into more details about this, however these are the two things you can try. I don't really like these solutions but without access to your system to see which program has registered things incorrectly it is hard to provide a proper fix.

    1. Delete the copy of SQLite3.dll from %windir%\system32
    2. Navigate in Windows Explorer to: %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support
    3. Locate the file named SQLite3.dll.
    4. Right-click the SQLite3.dll file and choose Copy.
    5. Navigate in Windows Explorer to: %ProgramFiles%\iTunes
    6. Right-click in the white area of the folder and choose Paste. NOTE: This requires administrator access.
    7. Restart the computer.


    If that does not work, grab the following file: sqlite3.dll free download - DLL-files.com unzip it and copy the SQLite3.dll into %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support and %ProgramFiles%\iTunes folders

    If that does not work, copy the SQLite3.dll file you downloaded into the %windir%\system32

    If all of those things do not work... report back here... we will see what can be done about this.

    I highly doubt this problem is actually created by iTunes (but if I get bored I may poke around in the iTunes installer to be sure).
    Thanks, got the SQLlite DLL error fixed....Now i can run Blackra1n but it hangs on the Restore screen leaving me with the iTunes & USB logo..

    tried this about 7-8 times...each time it hangs there...

    Each time it hangs there i restore my phone through iTunes...


  6. #6
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    How old is your 3GS? you know that for recently manufactured 3GS you need to run blackra1n to jailbreak, then run it again each time the iPhone boots to kick it past an error that leaves it stuck at the recovery screen.

    This is because Apple fixed the hole in the bootrom that was allowing untethered jailbreaks on the 3GS.

    Your iPhone has a serial number and the 4th and 5th digits of that serial number must be a number less than 40 to be sure you don't need to run blacksn0w after each reboot.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  7. #7
    Professional Array vikschillin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    How old is your 3GS? you know that for recently manufactured 3GS you need to run blackra1n to jailbreak, then run it again each time the iPhone boots to kick it past an error that leaves it stuck at the recovery screen.

    This is because Apple fixed the hole in the bootrom that was allowing untethered jailbreaks on the 3GS.

    Your iPhone has a serial number and the 4th and 5th digits of that serial number must be a number less than 40 to be sure you don't need to run blacksn0w after each reboot.
    its a new one 41st week, i knw i need to run Blackra1n every time i reboot the phone...but i havent been able to jailbreak it even once yet..

    when i run Blackra1n, it gets stuck on the Restore screen and shows the iTunes logo, it does not show me His Face...its just gets stuck there...


    PLZ HELP Guyz-- Special thanks to Olethros for all the help so far and expecting more from u
    Last edited by vikschillin; 11-15-2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: update

  8. #8
    Professional Array vikschillin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vikschillin View Post
    its a new one 41st week, i knw i need to run Blackra1n every time i reboot the phone...but i havent been able to jailbreak it even once yet..

    when i run Blackra1n, it gets stuck on the Restore screen and shows the iTunes logo, it does not show me His Face...its just gets stuck there...


    PLZ HELP Guyz-- Special thanks to Olethros for all the help so far and expecting more from u

    Ok ok ,,,after all the agony...this is wat i did...

    rename with blackra1n.exe to blackra1n .BAT & right click for properties and click on the unblock button and then click apply, go to the security heading tab and click it, click on the edit button and then click edit and put a tick in the full control and click apply. Exit and run blackra1n. works like a dream flat 15 sec ....ENJOY!!!

  9. #9
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vikschillin View Post
    Ok ok ,,,after all the agony...this is wat i did...

    rename with blackra1n.exe to blackra1n .BAT & right click for properties and click on the unblock button and then click apply, go to the security heading tab and click it, click on the edit button and then click edit and put a tick in the full control and click apply. Exit and run blackra1n. works like a dream flat 15 sec ....ENJOY!!!
    I am having the same problem you were as far as the iPhone being stuck in recovery mode instead of showing the picture of GeoHot. I have looked everywhere for a similar issue or solution, and you are the first person I have come across that is giving me hope of Jailbreaking. However, I'm a little confused by the instructions. I've followed them up until I click edit. All the users (System, my account, and Admin) already have full control. Also, do I need to run the file as BlackRa1n.exe or BlackRa1n.bat? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    I'm using a iPhone 3GS 16GB w/ FW 3.1.2 and using Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit English. I hope that info. helps.

  10. #10
    Professional Array vikschillin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonBar85 View Post
    I am having the same problem you were as far as the iPhone being stuck in recovery mode instead of showing the picture of GeoHot. I have looked everywhere for a similar issue or solution, and you are the first person I have come across that is giving me hope of Jailbreaking. However, I'm a little confused by the instructions. I've followed them up until I click edit. All the users (System, my account, and Admin) already have full control. Also, do I need to run the file as BlackRa1n.exe or BlackRa1n.bat? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    I'm using a iPhone 3GS 16GB w/ FW 3.1.2 and using Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit English. I hope that info. helps.
    I ran it as Blackra1n.bat, it was only then when it worked...try it ..
    hope it helps


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrade from iPhone OS 3.1.2 to OS 4 with blackra1n jailbreak
    By PCNeTGeek in forum Blackra1n (3G(S) jailbreak)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 09:17 AM
  2. BlackRa1n will not complete the jailbreak - it hangs.
    By brh986 in forum Blackra1n (3G(S) jailbreak)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 01:37 PM
  3. 3gs jailbreak blackra1n or redsn0w
    By Cas786 in forum Blackra1n (3G(S) jailbreak)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 12:20 PM
  4. Optimal upgrade/Jailbreak for 3.0.1+blackra1n
    By Strtpls3 in forum iPhone 3GS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 04:54 AM
  5. Jailbreak 3GS 16GB with Blackra1n RC3 help !!!
    By svretena in forum Blackra1n (3G(S) jailbreak)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 09:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:26 PM.
twitter, follow us!