Results 1 to 8 of 8
Discuss Unable To Boot from Harddisk.... from dvd it runs fine..!! at the Archiv (Leopard) - Hackint0sh.org; Dear all I am new to iDeneb Mac .. I have installed iDeneb Mac 1.3 ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Exclamation Unable To Boot from Harddisk.... from dvd it runs fine..!!

    Dear all

    I am new to iDeneb Mac .. I have installed iDeneb Mac 1.3 10.5.5 . installation completed without any problem, after that I have restarted my pc ... now it says that --no boot media found.. and unable to boot OS ..but if I insert iDeneb DVD it starts very well and OS runs without any problem ... what it could be ??? I want my pc to start without inserting DVD each time I start my PC....



  2. #2
    Senior Professional Array TJ2K7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jatin View Post
    Dear all

    I am new to iDeneb Mac ........ I want my pc to start without inserting DVD each time I start my PC....
    Are you dual booting ?
    If not, and you've got just Mac installed then load mac and then in terminal write...

    sudo -s (enter your password)
    fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (the disk number)
    print (list all partitions)
    flag 1 (sets partition 1 as bootable - the partiton which mac is installed on, assuming its on the first one)
    quit

    Mac should load on its own now, dont forget only use this if Leopard is the only OS installed on this computer.
    All this does is set Mac OS X partition to active - the partition which boots basically
    UK Pwned 3.0 iPhone. Successfully connected to the Orange UK Network.

    If I helped please give a thumbs up , Thanks (Leave your username and I'll try to give you a thumbs up back)

    Hackintosh finally working, thanks to icchansan - Want Mac on your PC ? Start by reading this FAQ

    REMEMBER
    ; SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, TOTALLY POINTLESS BUT FUN TO PUSH DOWN THE STAIRS!



  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have the same issue with iDeneb and IATKOS. Even when I flag it.. it refuses to boot with out the dvd and ONLY in safe mode.

  4. #4
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ2K7 View Post
    Are you dual booting ?
    If not, and you've got just Mac installed then load mac and then in terminal write...

    sudo -s (enter your password)
    fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (the disk number)
    print (list all partitions)
    flag 1 (sets partition 1 as bootable - the partiton which mac is installed on, assuming its on the first one)
    quit

    Mac should load on its own now, dont forget only use this if Leopard is the only OS installed on this computer.
    All this does is set Mac OS X partition to active - the partition which boots basically
    hi,
    how should i dualboot if Mac OS X is not the only os on my disk?
    s: i have 1 disk (1 partition per os )

    Cheers

  5. #5
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thnx man..... finaly I got it


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array TJ2K7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yorote View Post
    hi,
    how should i dualboot if Mac OS X is not the only os on my disk?
    s: i have 1 disk (1 partition per os )

    Cheers
    It all depends on what OS your using..

    First Make sure XP/Vista is the active partition.

    XP
    Download the chain0 file (google it) and place it intO C:\ and then edit the boot.ini file and add the line
    C:\chain0="Mac OS x86"
    OR

    Vista
    Download EasyBCD and then add then Generic osx86 Entry.



    Last edited by TJ2K7; 11-20-2008 at 05:31 PM.
    UK Pwned 3.0 iPhone. Successfully connected to the Orange UK Network.

    If I helped please give a thumbs up , Thanks (Leave your username and I'll try to give you a thumbs up back)

    Hackintosh finally working, thanks to icchansan - Want Mac on your PC ? Start by reading this FAQ

    REMEMBER
    ; SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, TOTALLY POINTLESS BUT FUN TO PUSH DOWN THE STAIRS!



  7. #7
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ2K7 View Post
    It all depends on what OS your using..

    First Make sure XP/Vista is the active partition.

    XP
    Download the chain0 file (google it) and place it intO C:\ and then edit the boot.ini file and add the line


    OR

    Vista
    Download EasyBCD and then add then Generic osx86 Entry.











    There is single OS (iDeneb V1.3 10.5.5 Leopard) installed on 60GB harddisk drive .... No dual boot at all

    What can be done now... is there any solution for this problem


    Thnx
    Regards
    www.khatrijatin.co.nr

  8. #8
    Senior Professional Array TJ2K7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jatin View Post
    There is single OS (iDeneb V1.3 10.5.5 Leopard) installed on 60GB harddisk drive .... No dual boot at all

    What can be done now... is there any solution for this problem
    You said ' thx man i got it'
    If you've got only one OS and no dual booting then do what i said in my first post. If that doesn't work then i dont know sorry
    UK Pwned 3.0 iPhone. Successfully connected to the Orange UK Network.

    If I helped please give a thumbs up , Thanks (Leave your username and I'll try to give you a thumbs up back)

    Hackintosh finally working, thanks to icchansan - Want Mac on your PC ? Start by reading this FAQ

    REMEMBER
    ; SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, TOTALLY POINTLESS BUT FUN TO PUSH DOWN THE STAIRS!



 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2010, 02:49 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 01:37 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 11:34 PM
  4. Installed Kalyway Fine - But can't boot without DVD?
    By deviance in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 01:48 AM
  5. Help! OSX installs fine, but when it goes to boot, restarts
    By teomcdohl in forum Archiv (Leopard)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 05:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:20 AM.
twitter, follow us!