Machine: Dell OptiPlex GX270
P4 Intel 3.2 GHz HT
2.5 GB RAM PC3200 400Mhz
120 GB Sata HDD
Nvidia FX 6200 256MB 8x AGP
Lite On SOA1H DVD-RW SuperMulti Drive
DVDs: OSx86 Tiger 10.4.8 JAS
OSx86 Leopard 10.5 ToH RC2
Hardware issue: NO INTERNET 82450EM Intel 1000/MT Gigabit Ethernet
1) Installed Jas 10.4.8 (no patches) + ToH RC2 on top (no patches).
2) Edited boot.plist for 15 second timeout. Dual booting with XP Pro w/SP2
3) Used NVInject.
4)Used flama supplied SPPlatformReporter.reporter.
5) Used fixed Netkas AppleSMBios.kext to fix ABOUT THIS MAC crashing.
Worked fine. Reports some hardware incorrectly.
Details about my problem:
1) I CAN use adium and ichat.
2) I CANNOT SAFARI, FIREFOX, CAMINO, OPERA because all kernel panic.
3) I CANNOT add a network printer or access shared folders on network because all kernel panic.
4) I tried adding my ids (0x100E8086) to: /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/Apple8254x.kext/Contents/info.plist
This did nothing.
5) Wiki says this ethernet works with no kext edits or patches.
Someone on IM reports trouble with this device, however.
6) I will try installing a USB LevelOne Wireless G adapter with Prasys Package.
Report results in a few hours...
7) I saw 3rd party drivers for this exact card but think they are only for PPC MACs.
8) Ethernet is fully recognized by Leopard. It gets IP and configuration successfully manually or via DHCP.
KP happens after I click 1st link on any page.
Anyone have any ideas?