How to install Leopard on HP Pavilion Elite Desktop
Step 1 - Getting Ready (Updated 02/02/09)
- Download and Burn the DVD image iAtkos v5i.
- Download and Extract the Bios v5.17 MOD by MACNUT or v5.23 by Kabyl make sure your Motherboard model is Asus IPIBL-LB. If your PC is similar but your motherboard is Asus IPIBL-LA you can try this BIOS Version, this is not a MOD bios but work perfect :D (Thx, igotjshoe)
- Download and Extract Afuwin
- Prepare your Partition or your Hard Disk to install Leopard
Step 2 - Modding the Bios (Updated 07/10/08)
To flash the ROM Bios you have to open Afuwin make sure you are the administrator, here is the info with pics
This is what you have to do in Afuwin, make sure your not running weird programs:
IMPORTANT: Make a Backup of your BIOS
Be careful about the BIOS Flashing, if you dont wanna flash the BIOS just try cpus=1 in darwin
Step 3 - Installing Leopard (Updated 13/10/08)
Click Here for Screenshots!
- Restart your computer and go to the BIOS
- Go to Advanced Tab, set your SATA1 Controller Mode to AHCI Mode
- Now go to the Power Tab and Enable the processor's XD Features, Saving and Exit.
- Boot into the DVD by pressing ESC key at the BIOS Prompt and the installer should load now.
- Select your Language
- Use Disk Utility from the Utilities menu. In Disk Utility, Select your Partition, and format you should choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled). After partitioning, quit Disk Utility to return to the Leopard Installer. Important: Partitioning the disk erases the entire disk, so make sure you back up your important ﬁles ﬁrst.
Step 4 - Customize (Updated 09/01/09)
iAtkos V5i Main System
- PC Efi v9
- SMBIOS Drivers:
-- Apple SMBIOS Enablers:
- PS/2 (For these with PS2 Keyboard/Mouse)
- Remove Thermal Kexts
--- EFI String for nVidia:
---- 8600 GT 512MB
-- Intel AHCI SATA
- Leopard will now install. This can take a while, so be patient.
- It will ask you to Reboot and dats it.
Step 5 - Dual Boot
Check this link to dual boot Vista/Leopard
Post Installation (Updated 09/01/09)
You'll need to install the driver for the Wireless
Wireless: HERE (Ralink RT73)
Fixing Audio and Sleep for OSX 10.5.6 (Updated 09/01/09)
Audio: HERE (ALC888S)
Sleep Issue: HERE
Video: HERE (8400-8800)
How to fix unknown processor string in "About this Mac"
go to System/Library/CoreServices/Resorces/English.lproj
You will find a file "AppleSystemInfo.string" open it using TextMate and find "UnknownCPUKind" = "Unknown";
replace unknown with the type of your processor for example, Intel® Core™2 Quad. make sure you change only letters only not the special characters like =, " or ;. Save it, it will ask for your permission, enter your password and you are all set, no need to reboot.
How to change "About this Mac Graphic"
To use these you need to backup the current MacOSX.tif in /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/Resources and then delete MacOSX.tif
Then rename the file you download to MacOSX.tif and copy it to /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/Resources
Then fix permissions.
Logout and login then view About This Mac.
Check HERE to get a couple logos
And Check HERE for lots of icons :D
About Leopard Fails Sleep when idle, some apps like Paragon NTFS or MacFuse can affect the OS, try deactivating them and thats it, this Issue even affect the MacBook Pro.
Heres a Preview: YouTube - Running Leopard on HP Pavilion Elite
Update: After Mod you can install any version, even retail version :D
P.D: Sowwy about my English and Good Luck :)
Installing JaS OSx86 10.5.4 Client / Server Intel SSE2 SSE3
Hi good afternoon, Im having trouble with installing Leopard on my PC. I have a asus striker mobo with a intel quad core q6600. envidia geforce 8500, 4gb dual channel ddr 2 ram and sata 500gb maxtor hdd with sata dvd burner. Im trying the JaS OSx86 10.5.4 Client / Server Intel SSE2 SSE3 and getting a waiting for root device message when booting the disk. Im a complete noob on this please help.