Discuss [Leo4All] v3 Installation successful - OSX boot freeze at the Archiv (Leopard) - Hackint0sh.org; ...
Team of Hackint0sh
Originally Posted by Andministrator
#1: Try burn on Windows using PowerISO
#2: Use 2x or 4x to brun
#3: Don't use RW disks, use a good quality DVDR (I recommend LG disks).
Format your entire HDD, don't use dualboot (if you have).
Try use Leo4All v3 or JaS 10.5.4
I DID IT!!!
I tryed again with my RW DVD with IATKOS.
- I created a Mac OS extended (journaled) partition and I set the hard drive as Master Boot Record (I haven't dualboot)
- I customized the installation and selected some drivers (as SATA drivers) and I didn't select any bootloader (no dawin x86 bootloader nor darwin EFI)
- Install succededed, system rebooted.
With the IATKOS DVD in, without pressing anything, OSX starts.
Thank you f41qu3 and good luck jeys0n!
Anyway, now I have some problems:
- I installed realtek audio drivers (for Tiger) but they doesn't work.
- I tryed doing something I red somewhere for graphic cards but it doen't work.
It sounded like this:
This is a small guide on how to set up Natit for PCI-E Radeon HD graphics cards in Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.1 & 10.5.2). By following the steps below you will get full QE/CI/OpenGL and DVI output. I know there already is a guide but it is horribly outdated. It is actually a lot easier than you might think.
Supported Radeon HD cards:
Radeon HD 2400
Radeon HD 2600 Pro, Radeon HD 2600 XT
Radeon HD 2900 Pro, Radeon HD 2900 XT
Radeon HD 3850
Radeon HD 3870
Radeon HD 3870x2
Other Radeon HD 2x00/38x0 cards might work as well
Step by step guide:
- Get Natit from here
- Extract the archive and copy Natit.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
- Locate ATIRadeonX2000.kext in /System/Library/Extensions
- Open /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/Info.plist with the editor of your choice and add the PCI ID of your card (if it is not already in there). Save.
- If you have a Radeon 2600 Pro or a Radeon 3850 and 10.5.1 download this (white menu fix). Extract it and replace the original ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle in /System/Library/Extensions with the one you have just downloaded.
- If you have a Radeon 2600 Pro or a Radeon 3850 and 10.5.2 download this (white menu fix). Extract it and replace the original ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle in /System/Library/Extensions with the one you have just downloaded.
- If you have a Radeon 2900 Pro or a Radeon 2900 XT download this. Extract it and copy ATY_Franklin.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext/Contents/PlugIns.
- If you have a different chipset skip this step!
Open Terminal (if you haven't already done so) and type:
sudo chown -R root:wheel *
sudo chmod -R 755 *
sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/Caches/com.apple.kext.info
You are done. Reboot and pray
It is recommended to perform a clean install. Do not select any graphics-related things during the installation.
Radeon HD 2400 users: You do not get DVI support. You have to use a DVI2VGA-converter instead.
If DVI works, HDMI will work as well (with DVI2HDMI adaptor), no HDMI audio ATM
AGP versions of these cards require additional patching. I cannot test it and therefore this guide does only apply to the PCI-E versions.
I cannot open and edit Open /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/Info.plist because of an error and I did anything I could (like copy and pasting in the terminal) for my graphic card (Ati Radeon HD 3870x2). The problem is that my res is still 1024x768.
- My system cannot sleep. However, it is amazing how fast is MAC OSX statup rather than windows: it tooks something like 20'' (with a 7200rpm) vs Vista's ~45'' (with 2 raptor 10000rpm raid0, and i'm lucky with this ~45''!!!).
- I installed iTunes and some other stuff and it seems to work.
Last edited by Andministrator; 09-22-2008 at 06:28 PM.
i have a similar problem. I installed Leo4all AMD. When it goes to reboot it freezes on the reboot screen (black)If i understand correctly,all i have to do is install it on a HD with no dualboot on? (Masterboot)
Congrats Andministrator! I did it as well, I've installed it last night and it's booting successfully now. Hurray!
Here's what I did:
Booted iATKOS v4i DVD in safe mode: Typed in '-x' on Darwin
Formatted HDD (extended journaled) - I always do this just to be sure of MBR
Installed with customization options:
Darwin Bootloader Non-EFI
I'm happy it's running now and I don't think i'll be updating to 10.5.5 soon, unless an official OSX86 ISO is released. I have also found a tutorial for OSX86 regarding errors about booting.
Credits goes to: iHACK of "wiki.osx86project.org"
It seems that some people can't boot their Leopard after installing it. I'm not sure what it looks like but I assume they don't get into Darwin's Bootloader without building a bridge with the Install DVD. So rofl aka roflcopterguy found a solution for this I think
Boot into the install DVD
Open Terminal from the disk
(where VOLNAME is the name of your partition for example "Leopard")
Now reboot without the disk and you should have Leopard running
I hope this helps other readers with booting problems.
My system is running great as of the moment. I have to admit the hardware incompatibilities are back. My laptops internal speaker is ok but when i plug-in my headphones I get no audio. I have tried the ALC883 audio driver but it's still the same. And like you, Andministrator, my display is stuck with 1024x768. I tried a tutorial running boot scripts in darwin (-x "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32@85" platform=X86PC) But I get a 1280x768 display, it's not working perfectly. I hope to find a solution soon.
léo4allv3 install ok freeze after reboot
Hello, i'm a newbie,
i have a laptop gericom blockbuster excellent 7000 with a pentium centrino m735, and i can't know what is the motherboard name, i even try to open the laptop to see directly what is written on it but there was nothing.
I manage to see the chipset intel fw82801dbm, i have a ati mobility radeon, 9700 SE, and i use the dvd-r leo4allv3 10.5.2 universal intel/amd sse2/sse3
i did the installation without any problem, but when the system ask me to restart, it freeze just before the desktop appear
so i someone can help me....
By rahul2880 in forum Installation
Last Post: 10-10-2011, 04:58 PM
By BoKi/ in forum Installation
Last Post: 04-20-2011, 02:35 AM
By John Clarke in forum Installation
Last Post: 04-01-2011, 08:00 PM
By jarlz0r in forum Installation
Last Post: 02-12-2010, 12:51 PM
By ruk_design in forum Archiv (Leopard)
Last Post: 05-27-2008, 07:31 PM