Discuss [Kext Request] audio problem... at the Archiv (Leopard) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi Guys !
I 'm a big noob... and of course I have a big ...
[Kext Request] audio problem...
Hi Guys !
I 'm a big noob... and of course I have a big problem with my audio card which does not work ...
My notebook is a Packard Bell and my audio card a "chipset ad 1986A hd audio soundmax"
what can I do to solve my problem please ?
Team of Hackint0sh
Try this .kexts:
"The following steps assumes you have obtained and copied AppleAzaliaAudio.kext into /System/Library/Extensions. This can sometimes be found in /Backed\ up\ extensions. Also, it may already be in the /System/Library/Extensions folder. To copy use: cp -R AppleAzaliaAudio.kext /System/Library/Extensions while in the folder that contains AppleAzaliaAudio.kext
1. Open Terminal from Applications\Utilities and type the following:
* sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist
2. Replace the line below: <key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key> with: <string>0x11d41986</string>
3. Save and Quit TextEdit
4. Return to the Terminal and type the following commands:
* chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/
* chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/
* diskutil repairpermissions /
* rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
* rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
You should now have 2ch audio output.
Note: I couldn't get Taruga's AppleHDA Patcher v1.16 to work. It would show up in the System Preferences -> Sound but I couldn't adjust the volume. Here is the Linux Codec Dump for this board (I did this myself by typing "cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 >> /media/hda1/1986aCodec.txt" on a Ubuntu Live Disk): 1986a Codec Dump. "
Should be work. Post back results.
By comanches66 in forum Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support
Last Post: 01-20-2009, 03:42 PM
By vi3tb0i09 in forum Hardware
Last Post: 04-28-2008, 04:18 AM
By Deanjo in forum Hardware
Last Post: 04-24-2008, 04:57 PM
By cooler2005 in forum Hardware
Last Post: 04-07-2008, 01:51 PM
By spriggan in forum Tiger
Last Post: 04-03-2008, 09:36 AM