Discuss Installation stops at "Writing Package Receipt"?? JAS Mac OSx86 10.4.8 at the Archiv (Leopard) - Hackint0sh.org; I try installing JAS Mac OSx86 10.4.8 on an external HDD.
At 20% of the ...
Installation stops at "Writing Package Receipt"?? JAS Mac OSx86 10.4.8
I try installing JAS Mac OSx86 10.4.8 on an external HDD.
At 20% of the installation process the status bar displays "Writing Package Receipt" and gets stuck there. Any recommendations?
In the top of the windows it displays "Installing base system part 1"
I am installing from a DVD from my laptop to a Western Digital External Hdd 20Gb.
My system configuration is:
Acer Aspire 9424 WSmi
Intel core 2 duo T5600 1.83
Geforce Go 7300
What installation options are you using? Its best to use minimal options.
I tried all combinations, even minimal (selecting only the intel patch)!
I'm definitely not an expert - it took me a looooong time with lots of trial and errors to finally get my installation right - but here are a few suggestions.
1. External Hard drive could be part of the problem - I wouldn't recommend it.
2. Have you applied PPF1 and PPF2 to your JAS 10.4.8 install DVD?
3. Make sure all other devices are unplugged from you machine.
4. Keep searching for answers in these type of forums. You may have to weed through a lot of stuff, but most likely someone has experienced your problem before and the answers could be there but just really hard to locate.
5. Try a different install version such as Tubgirl or Uphuck.
Sorry I couldn't be more help - like I said, I'm no expert.
Although I tried all the things you suggested except the last one. I can't get my hands on any other distro. I could only finf jas'es. If you know where I can find tubgirl or uphack, i would be greatful. (ps. I don't have a demonoid pass)
As for Q 2, The file was prepatched with ppf1 and ppf2.
Team of Hackint0sh
(Old than one year )
Old thread/topics : Thread Closed.
By nukenate in forum Installation
Last Post: 11-08-2010, 02:14 PM
By Bgleonard in forum Installation
Last Post: 04-25-2010, 10:22 AM
By niks77 in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 10-13-2008, 05:39 AM
By Nennie in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-24-2008, 05:46 AM
By rossi_ in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-25-2007, 12:26 PM