Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Discuss install 1 leopard on two macs? at the Archiv (Leopard) - Hackint0sh.org; what if my buddy wanted to use my cd to install leopard on his mac? ...
  1. #1
    Senior Professional Array msen612's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default install 1 leopard on two macs?

    what if my buddy wanted to use my cd to install leopard on his mac? can apple see that and would it be blacklist? because he said he installed Microsoft office on his mac and his girlfirends mac;

    btw my leopard is not a family pack



  2. #2
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think the single Leopard packs are made to ensure no one else shares the product

    Not sure if it will work again, but you can always try and see what happens

  3. #3
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    BlueX is incorrect about it being made to ensure that you don't share.

    He will be fine. There is no keycode associated with any install of Leopard, single license or family. No he will not be blacklisted for installing it on more than one machine.
    while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array msen612's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aquanutz View Post
    BlueX is incorrect about it being made to ensure that you don't share.

    He will be fine. There is no keycode associated with any install of Leopard, single license or family. No he will not be blacklisted for installing it on more than one machine.
    eh..i'm just worried, prolly make him buy his own..thanks for the info

  5. #5
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aquanutz View Post
    There is no keycode associated with any install of Leopard, single license or family. No he will not be blacklisted for installing it on more than one machine.
    Question then if you will, apart from being honest what is to stop someone from buying the single license for Leopard and installing it on multiple machines? could this not be done instead of buying a family license?

    I would have thought apple would have had some sort of security in place during installation to stop people just copying the disks and giving it to freinds family etc?...


  6. #6
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by banned View Post
    Question then if you will, apart from being honest what is to stop someone from buying the single license for Leopard and installing it on multiple machines? could this not be done instead of buying a family license?

    I would have thought apple would have had some sort of security in place during installation to stop people just copying the disks and giving it to freinds family etc?...
    Its true there is no code it just installs. Maybe they can tell only when you register. BTW just dont register your copy

  7. #7
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    There is nothing illegal concerning installing one copy of Leopard on several machines. You may install your Leopard-copy on all the machines you can find if you want, as long as you are the owner and the user of the computers, hence the name "Single user", not "Single computer"

  8. #8
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This is one of the benefits to Apple being a hardware company. No keys or activations. Except iWork, and I got really pissy about that one.

  9. #9
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    yea my boy did it for me i just didnt register it.

  10. #10
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    There is nothing illegal concerning installing one copy of Leopard on several machines. You may install your Leopard-copy on all the machines you can find if you want, as long as you are the owner and the user of the computers, hence the name "Single user", not "Single computer"

    Then why the single or five user licence option?


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Snow Leopard install AMD: Nawcom Mod CD or Leopard install?
    By ozziesironmanoffroad in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 09:15 PM
  2. MacNN: 18% of Macs using Snow Leopard in one month
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 12:20 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 02:20 PM
  4. MacNN: Fusion 2.0.3 updates for new Macs, Snow Leopard
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 04:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:31 PM.
twitter, follow us!