Results 1 to 10 of 10
Discuss OrbLive for 2.x opinions at the AppStore Software - Hackint0sh.org; ...
  1. #1
    Ghost in the Machine Array Doktaphex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    38

    Default OrbLive for 2.x opinions

    So now that OrbLive is available for 2.x at a rather steep price of 5.99 in the UK what do you guys think?

    I'm rather annoyed that you can't stream video over anything except WiFi. I'm glad that I have tested the app before purchasing, and I won't be purchasing it unless they allow video streaming over 3G, after all surely that's the whole point of it. I have all the audio and pictures I need on the phone anyway.
    Peace,

    Dok

    :iphone: + :hack: =

    If you ever need any help, check out this thread, or PM me



  2. #2
    Peanut Brain Array Confucious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Woking, UK
    Posts
    505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Too expensive and fairly useless without 3G access!

  3. #3
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Apple need to sort out what they put on the App store. Here we have an Application written for the APPLE iphone, a APPLE product, but it only works if you have a WINDOWS pc!!, jesus sort it out, that just takes the piss!!

  4. #4
    Peanut Brain Array Confucious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Woking, UK
    Posts
    505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Believe it or not most people still have a windows PC I now have an iPhone which I do actually like after years of Windows Mobile phones. Orb is Free on WinMo devices though. And before you ask, I recently bought a MAC computer and still prefer Vista for my computing. Just because something doesn't work with MACs is no reason why Apple shouldn't have it on the iStore - or do you think they should alienate all Windows users and insist you can only have an iPhone if you also have a MAC?

  5. #5
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confucious View Post
    Believe it or not most people still have a windows PC I now have an iPhone which I do actually like after years of Windows Mobile phones. Orb is Free on WinMo devices though. And before you ask, I recently bought a MAC computer and still prefer Vista for my computing. Just because something doesn't work with MACs is no reason why Apple shouldn't have it on the iStore - or do you think they should alienate all Windows users and insist you can only have an iPhone if you also have a MAC?
    I think the mood i'm currently in after spending the whole day with the inland revenue (english tax department) is yes, ban all windows users.


  6. #6
    Peanut Brain Array Confucious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Woking, UK
    Posts
    505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobhope View Post
    I think the mood i'm currently in after spending the whole day with the inland revenue (english tax department) is yes, ban all windows users.
    We're not ALL as bad as HMRC! But that's as good an excuse as you can get. At least, if you managed to type that, you seem to have both arms. They normally charge me pone of mine together with a leg.

  7. #7
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey if I had a couple grand laying around I'd go buy a macbook pro. But I don't. So I have to deal with my ancient p4 winXP box.

  8. #8
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    try tversity, now has iphone support

  9. #9
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    20

    Thumbs up OrbLive WORKS over 3G

    Quote Originally Posted by Doktaphex View Post
    So now that OrbLive is available for 2.x at a rather steep price of 5.99 in the UK what do you guys think?

    I'm rather annoyed that you can't stream video over anything except WiFi. I'm glad that I have tested the app before purchasing, and I won't be purchasing it unless they allow video streaming over 3G, after all surely that's the whole point of it. I have all the audio and pictures I need on the phone anyway.
    There is a very simple trick to make it work through 3G for a jailbreaked iphone after installing VolPover3G through Cydia!
    It is not my finding, so I will honestly orient you to the URL:http://forums.orb.com/viewtopic.php?t=12496

    All I can tell you is that it works like a charm without any problem: and OrbLive is rather very cheap after that mod!!!!!!!!

    Enjoy

  10. #10
    Ghost in the Machine Array Doktaphex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    excellent my friend, I now have video over 3G. Thanks.
    Peace,

    Dok

    :iphone: + :hack: =

    If you ever need any help, check out this thread, or PM me


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. MacNN: 4th-gen OrbLive 2.0 adds live recording, text search
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 02:50 AM
  2. MacNN: OrbLive 2.0 unlocks PC media files for iPhone
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 03:30 AM
  3. [OrbLive][Solved] installation crashes on 1.1.4
    By Korb in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 12:31 AM
  4. [OrbLive] Live TV Streaming
    By toyanucci in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 05:19 AM
  5. [Release] ORBLive - Live TV streaming
    By lordofdaflies in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 12:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:42 AM.
twitter, follow us!