could we get some verbose instructions on how to get the command+tab working? i tried the hex editing and it just didn't work. little more info is needed, but thank you so much.
I managed to get the command+tab thing working.
here is how i did it:
1. Go to Offset "45DDFA" (Command+j in HexEdit)
2. replace the string BRFullscreenRenderer to BRWindowRenderer.... (add 4 "." at the end of BRWindowRenderer)
In ASCII, it should look like this BRWindowRenderer.... and then additional .... (8 dots in total after the BRWindowRenderer)
thanks for the original post.
got it! make sure its not 2Eing when you put the 4 extra .'s in. just 00000000
i also got it to work beautifully on my macbook by changing the resolution to 1152x720, then launching the appletv app, then i had juuust enouth real estate to input the code to itunes. my media streams fine and its all good. :)
Great! Finally I have Front Row 2.0! There are just 2 things that bother me:
1) Apple TV cannot stream photos - (why didn't they include this feature?) and syncing from the same computer doesn't work.
2) whenever i want to start appleTV now I have to switch my resolution manually to 1280 x 800 or else it will appear too big for the screen. Can we hack the default resolution with a hex editor in the same way? There must be a way to specify the window size for the BRWindowRenderer... Also, to setup appleTV in itunes, you have to set the resolution really low so that appleTV only takes up part of the screen and then you can move the itunes window around behind it.
But other than that streaming music, videos and everything else works perfectly!
EDIT: Wow, I didn't even choose to sync music with my appleTV setup, but all of a sudden all my music is appearing inside the main appleTV menu without having to go to sources and then selecting my itunes library! I checked the size of /Media on my hard drive and the music was definitely not copied over as this folder is only 50 mb. We're making serious progress!
I was not able to get it working... the app wont start anymore. I have it called AppleTV.app and everything is renamed correctly. Without editing the binary it starts fine, but when I do edit it, it will not start. What am I doing wrong?
the original instructions are a bit misleading but make sure you are doing these 2 things:
1) there have to be 8 periods after BRWindowRenderer (add 4 to the existing 4)
2) make sure that the periods you add are not 2E in the hex view on the left. if they are, go into the hex view and replace them with 0's.
Thanks, that helped me a lot! :)
Thanks, that worked perfectly!
Originally Posted by DsurioN
Edit: Nevermind. the MD5 of the file should be 7d691ff6327ea74819dfe812df4fa351 if you got it right.