Howto Boot AppleTV OS on a mac (the ORIGINAL!)
Well as a side effect of current research I foudn following procedure to boot AppleTV OS on any MAC (in whole, without a OSX install below)
- copy OS.dmg from the recovery parition of your AppleTV
- use diskutil to mirror it to any parition you like (prefered disk0s3)
- replace boot.efi in /System/Libary/Coreservices/ with the one from your OSX install
- put any 4.8 or 4.9 mach_kernel into / of the drive
- copy over your Extensions from your OSX to AppleTV OS (/System/Libary/Extensions)
- replace Finder with the Finder with patches
- bless boot.efi
this setup is much slackier than installing a whole OSX to put the Finder with patches in.
Have fun :)
Edit: I forgot something, remove the cache entry for kernel from com.apple.Boot.plist! IMPORTANT!