Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 310
Discuss nitoTV 0.7.0 released, leopard support, photo tweaks, add rss ui + more at the AppleTV 1 - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by robbe However, since I have recently updated from 0.7.6 to 0.8.0, the ...
  1. #151
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default os 3.0 nito 0.8.1 dvd import item still missing

    Quote Originally Posted by robbe View Post
    However, since I have recently updated from 0.7.6 to 0.8.0, the DVD import option has disappeared. When clicking on the mounted Volume in "Files", the only menu item displayed is "play", whereas before I could also "import" at this place.
    Hi nito,

    after a factory restore (to 2.2 in my case), an update to 3.0, patchstick (built with 3.0), and installing nito 0.8.1, the dvd import menu item is still missing.

    When I ran the smart installer I remember seing two minor "install failed" messages, but as I unfortunately ran the smart installer again, the install.log was overwritten and I cannot quote what failed.

    Any thoughts on what I should check or what I could alter in my installation procedure to regain that dvd import functionality?

    Cheers,
    Robbe


  2. #152
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    does nitotv and atvusb work on the new 3.0.1 os?

  3. #153
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Question

    Hello all, first time writer long time user of NitoTV with AppleTV.

    I recently made the jump to FW 3.0.1 and attempted to get NitoTV working on my AppleTV. Now I am pretty stupid when it comes to ssh and so forth, so a friend of mind remoted in and helped me after I installed my patchstick so we could install NitoTV. Here's the problem I am facing now:

    In NitoTV 0.8.1, I attempt to play Xvid/Divx files from my NAS using mplayer, but it instantly restarts my finder without ever playing the files. I have installed the mplayer codecs (via the Settings->Installation Manager menu) and it does not seem to help. Now I can use Quicktime to play the same files (using Perian's codecs) but here lies my Second problem:

    If I use Quicktime to play the Xvid/Divx files in NitoTV and decide to exit out back to my NAS to either stop or play another file, when I hit the Menu button for the ATV, it restarts the finder. Which is a BIG pain...

    So basically, does anyone know how to fix BOTH (more interested in mplayer working again, but either way I just want a consistent playback experience without crashes) problems I have?

    Any help would be appreciated and thanks for reading this in advance. I love NitoTV and how it works with ATV!

    -MrPink077

  4. #154
    Developer Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    yeh i had some dumb checks in 3.0 that broke the plugin for AppleTV OS above or below 3.0, 0.8.2 was just put out and youll need to manually install it again (unfortunately) because the download section is one of the sections broken in 3.0.1 for nitoTV 0.8.1

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPink077 View Post
    Hello all, first time writer long time user of NitoTV with AppleTV.

    I recently made the jump to FW 3.0.1 and attempted to get NitoTV working on my AppleTV. Now I am pretty stupid when it comes to ssh and so forth, so a friend of mind remoted in and helped me after I installed my patchstick so we could install NitoTV. Here's the problem I am facing now:

    In NitoTV 0.8.1, I attempt to play Xvid/Divx files from my NAS using mplayer, but it instantly restarts my finder without ever playing the files. I have installed the mplayer codecs (via the Settings->Installation Manager menu) and it does not seem to help. Now I can use Quicktime to play the same files (using Perian's codecs) but here lies my Second problem:

    If I use Quicktime to play the Xvid/Divx files in NitoTV and decide to exit out back to my NAS to either stop or play another file, when I hit the Menu button for the ATV, it restarts the finder. Which is a BIG pain...

    So basically, does anyone know how to fix BOTH (more interested in mplayer working again, but either way I just want a consistent playback experience without crashes) problems I have?

    Any help would be appreciated and thanks for reading this in advance. I love NitoTV and how it works with ATV!

    -MrPink077

  5. #155
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default problem with recovery.dmg and Smart Installer

    I cannot seem to get afp (or ftp) installed.

    I have FW3.0.1. I used patchstick to install ssh (and something called "Launch More"). I then installed Launcher3.2b3 for XBMC and Boxee. I then installed nitoTV 0.8.1.

    From there I ran Smart Installer. At this point I forgot to transfer recovery.dmg to the ~/Documents folder (the 10.4.9 Combo dmg was already there). I installed everything aside from CouchSurfer, TVComposite and WebKit.

    I then updated to nitoTV 0.8.2 (under the Settings>Install Software menu). I then transferred recovery.dmg to the ~/Documents folder and re-ran Smart Installer.

    The recovery.dmg file isn't accessed at any point (tracking it through ps -ax command), but the 10.4.9.dmg is.

    Am I doing something wrong?


  6. #156
    Developer Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdenney View Post
    I cannot seem to get afp (or ftp) installed.

    I have FW3.0.1. I used patchstick to install ssh (and something called "Launch More"). I then installed Launcher3.2b3 for XBMC and Boxee. I then installed nitoTV 0.8.1.

    From there I ran Smart Installer. At this point I forgot to transfer recovery.dmg to the ~/Documents folder (the 10.4.9 Combo dmg was already there). I installed everything aside from CouchSurfer, TVComposite and WebKit.

    I then updated to nitoTV 0.8.2 (under the Settings>Install Software menu). I then transferred recovery.dmg to the ~/Documents folder and re-ran Smart Installer.

    The recovery.dmg file isn't accessed at any point (tracking it through ps -ax command), but the 10.4.9.dmg is.

    Am I doing something wrong?
    i wouldnt use anything from patchstick.ca there are known conflicts between their plugins and other plugins in the scene, and the proprietor of the company is routinely caught using spoofed ip's to give himself favorable reviews on his products at several blogs and forums, i wouldnt trust him or his "work".

    this is a recovery.dmg that is verified to actually has a 1.0 OS.dmg inside it correct? not just any recovery.dmg will work.
    Last edited by nitosoft; 11-09-2009 at 03:48 AM.

  7. #157
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    What's the alternative to patchsstick.ca?

    I assume the recovery.dmg file is for 1.0 (How do I check?) The file was originally named "OS-dot-DMG 1.0.dmg"

    And finally, how do I start over?

    Quote Originally Posted by nitosoft View Post
    i wouldnt use anything from patchstick.ca there are known conflicts between their plugins and other plugins in the scene, and the proprietor of the company is routinely caught using spoofed ip's to give himself favorable reviews on his products at several blogs and forums, i wouldnt trust him or his "work".

    this is a recovery.dmg that is verified to actually has a 1.0 OS.dmg inside it correct? not just any recovery.dmg will work.

  8. #158
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I just tried to mount my NAS (with and without authentication) and it hangs at "Mounting Volume Please Wait..." where I have to cancel out by hitting the Menu button or it times out and appears to have mounted (though it hasn't).

    When I look under Files in NitoTV, I can see the folder but it does not have the eject arrow to the Left (what it shows when it is mounted) and it will not allow me to explore the directory. Is this a new issue or is it something that others are experiencing with the 0.8.2 update?

    Thanks in advance!

    - MrPink077

    Also, thanks for the update. I just manually reinstalled it and I'm working on getting the updates installed. I can confirm the SmartInstaller worked like a charm this time around. I'll keep you posted and thanks for the response!

    Quote Originally Posted by nitosoft View Post
    yeh i had some dumb checks in 3.0 that broke the plugin for AppleTV OS above or below 3.0, 0.8.2 was just put out and youll need to manually install it again (unfortunately) because the download section is one of the sections broken in 3.0.1 for nitoTV 0.8.1
    Last edited by MrPink077; 11-09-2009 at 04:44 AM.

  9. #159
    Developer Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdenney View Post
    What's the alternative to patchsstick.ca?

    I assume the recovery.dmg file is for 1.0 (How do I check?) The file was originally named "OS-dot-DMG 1.0.dmg"

    And finally, how do I start over?
    eh you dont have to start over just for future reference. but you will want to remove LaunchMore.frappliance and you'll be okay.

    atvusb-creator - Project Hosting on Google Code

    is a free one for future usage.

  10. #160
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks for the help, I'll give it a try when I get home tonight.

    Quote Originally Posted by nitosoft View Post
    eh you dont have to start over just for future reference. but you will want to remove LaunchMore.frappliance and you'll be okay.

    atvusb-creator - Project Hosting on Google Code

    is a free one for future usage.
    UPDATE: All is right with the world... thank you for the help and keep up the good work!!
    Last edited by sdenney; 11-09-2009 at 06:46 PM.


 

 

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 02-26-2010, 04:56 PM
  2. 07-21-2009, 03:49 PM
  3. 02-17-2009, 08:56 AM
  4. 02-17-2009, 05:14 AM

Similar Threads

  1. MacRumors: Potential First Released Photo Taken by an iPhone 5
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 05:10 PM
  2. MacNN: Windows Phone 7 released to manufacturing, gets tweaks
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 11:30 PM
  3. MacNN: Chinese iPhone gets tweaks to support WAPI standard
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 04:10 PM
  4. MacNN: Cocktail 4.6 adds Snow Leopard support, interface tweaks
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 05:40 AM
  5. nitoTV for leopard?
    By nitosoft in forum AppleTV 1
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 07:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:47 PM.
twitter, follow us!