Discuss New to Apple TV - have questions about mods for it. at the AppleTV 1 - Hackint0sh.org; Hello all, happy holidays to all the techy people of the world. I have an ...
New to Apple TV - have questions about mods for it.
Hello all, happy holidays to all the techy people of the world. I have an AppleTv that I bought after I bought Ipad1, and Ipad2. I loved the way it works, but everyhting I have does some sort of streaming, and I have a dedicated Aluratek Internet radio that is fantastic in it abilities. So I have given my AppleTv very little use over the last year. The AppleTv is black, so I know that tells you all which one I have. I'm not sure how much different it is from a silver model. So I have a lot of questions that I know can be answered by the right Apple guru.
1) What is the main difference between the black ApplTv ,and the silver one?
2) I've been scoping out mods, and saw FireCore. Is FireCore one of the better mods for the AppleTv?
3) If it be FireCore, or other mod, can they be rolled out and reset the AppleTv to factory image?
4) I want to stream .ISO movies to my AppleTv, much the way my WDTV device can do. I can setup the WDTV to display like Netflix and let me watch .ISO, MKV, and many other format DVD files. Can I do the same with AppleTv once I have FireCore installed?
5) Is there something better than FireCore for this purpose? Note that Free does not make it better, so I want to hear about better in terms of stable, easy to use, works with the Apple Remote, and so on. It can cost something ,or be free, if it is better, can you tell me what it is, or is FireCore the best one for me to use?
6) Can I incorporate my Mac Mini into my AppleTv in some way?
7) can I incorporate my Ipad's into the Apple Tv, in more than jsu tstreming content up, can it be a cool remote for AppleTv?
8) Are there Droid phone apps that will remote control the AppleTV?
9) Is there an FAQ that answers all these questions and more? Link please..
Thanks for reading, and more thanks for some input. Joe
Last edited by NUMACUSER; 12-17-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Lot of questions. Most, if not all, are answered on AwkwardTV
Black is second generation, newer, but less hackable than the first gen. Use firecore either way.
Apple's remote program can control the ATV a bit. It really makes a more useful keyboard than the on-screen one.
Hello, I managed to boot atvusb to my Apple TV it is running OS3.0 something (sorry unable to read it now, everything loaded, the only problem was I was unable to navigate using the remote. I was able to use the command functions, but it would not navigate the ne tav usb. Any ideas? Or help here?
By mrwheat in forum AppleTV 1
Last Post: 04-03-2007, 06:55 AM