Discuss Mac OSX on ATV working fonctions? at the AppleTV 1 - Hackint0sh.org; Hello everybody,
I'm planning to install mac osx on my ATV 3.0.2 but before i ...
Mac OSX on ATV working fonctions?
I'm planning to install mac osx on my ATV 3.0.2 but before i need to know what will work.
Are these features going to work on osx 10.4.11?:
1. Sound (5.1) on the optical output
2. Sound via hdmi output
3. Will the image quality display on tv via hdmi be as good as now
4. Will broadcom crystall hd work (allows to view hd video in xbmc)?
5.Apple tv remote ?
Thank you !
google could answer all of those for you.
Did it but got to many differents info and can't figure out what is the current status...
Originally Posted by radiorebelde
- optical can work but don't know about 5.1
- do you mean image quality (should be same) or h.264 video decode performance (no gpu acceleration) or quartz 2d performance (depends on install)?
- probably - never seen any reports of this working but it should just work.
- yes works by default
- need to install PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext
Maybe someone more knowledgable than me chime in - if they could be bothered.
Word is that video output options are better in 10.5.5 than 10.4 - still no h.264 hw acceleration though.
Please read the stickies & search forum before posting! How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter
Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!
Thank you Olethros! I will install 10.5.5 to run xbmc+eyetv on it...(eyetv doesn't work on 10.4.7 ATVOSX)... But I can't download the 10.5.5 image from the link in the install guide...think I will PM ash...
By martd in forum iPhone 3GS
Last Post: 12-16-2010, 02:08 PM
By hawaiipoolman in forum iPhone 3GS
Last Post: 07-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Last Post: 07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
By unl0cker in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-27-2008, 03:03 AM
By joyryde in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-17-2007, 06:12 AM