Results 1 to 9 of 9
Discuss Iphone atv remote at the AppleTV 1 - Hackint0sh.org; Yes i try doing a search and couldn't find anything, after i "jailbroke" the atv ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Iphone atv remote

    Yes i try doing a search and couldn't find anything, after i "jailbroke" the atv the iphone remote app stopped working?? is there a way to fix this? thanks



  2. #2
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabster View Post
    Yes i try doing a search and couldn't find anything, after i "jailbroke" the atv the iphone remote app stopped working?? is there a way to fix this? thanks
    When you jailbroke the atv did you restore it to factory defaults at all during that process?

    Can you clarify where it is broken?

    Have you tried deleting your iPhone remote app and reinstalling it? That should remove any prior settings on the iPhone app side. Then you can pair it again from the apple tv.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    When you jailbroke the atv did you restore it to factory defaults at all during that process?

    Can you clarify where it is broken?

    Have you tried deleting your iPhone remote app and reinstalling it? That should remove any prior settings on the iPhone app side. Then you can pair it again from the apple tv.
    Ok sure here is what i did, i did do a factory restore, patchstich it installing ssh and the "bin tools" only, then installed software menu, everything seemed to work fine (except the flash video issue posted on the other thread) and of course the iphone remote app is not working with the atv. i did try to reinstall it and in the atv remote menu my phone appears yet when i type in the 5 number password it just freezes there, doesn't do anything else. am i doing something wrong??
    thanks for replying btw

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabster View Post
    Ok sure here is what i did, i did do a factory restore, patchstich it installing ssh and the "bin tools" only, then installed software menu, everything seemed to work fine (except the flash video issue posted on the other thread) and of course the iphone remote app is not working with the atv. i did try to reinstall it and in the atv remote menu my phone appears yet when i type in the 5 number password it just freezes there, doesn't do anything else. am i doing something wrong??
    Is your iPhone jailbroken?

    I might see if I can test this on my Apple TV later, I am pretty sure I fixed a similar problem by deleting a preference file from the iPhone.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #5
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Is your iPhone jailbroken?

    I might see if I can test this on my Apple TV later, I am pretty sure I fixed a similar problem by deleting a preference file from the iPhone.
    yes my iphone is jailbroken.
    thank you


  6. #6
    Developer Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    you can delete the appletv profiles in the apple remote app directly, you may need to update the remote app as well make sure you are running the latest version. you will probably need to re-add your phone to the appletv. Settings -> Edit and then delete your appletv from the list. then re-add it in the remotes section on the appletv and it will start anew. there was an appletv update that required a remote app update on the iphone, so if it doesnt let you add make sure you are running the latest remote app. you dont need any terminal maniuplation to fix this issue on the iphone.

  7. #7
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nitosoft View Post
    you can delete the appletv profiles in the apple remote app directly, you may need to update the remote app as well make sure you are running the latest version. you will probably need to re-add your phone to the appletv. Settings -> Edit and then delete your appletv from the list. then re-add it in the remotes section on the appletv and it will start anew. there was an appletv update that required a remote app update on the iphone, so if it doesnt let you add make sure you are running the latest remote app. you dont need any terminal maniuplation to fix this issue on the iphone.

    I have version 1.3.3 (I belive that's the latest), I have done what you mention, deleted from the atv and the iPhone and try to setup as a new but now my phone does not show up at all in the remote list on the atv....

    im so close to restore this thing and just leave it factory... :'(
    Last edited by Gabster; 01-10-2010 at 12:52 AM.

  8. #8
    Developer Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabster View Post
    I have version 1.3.3 (I belive that's the latest), I have done what you mention, deleted from the atv and the iPhone and try to setup as a new but now my phone does not show up at all in the remote list on the atv....

    im so close to restore this thing and just leave it factory... :'(
    Do you have wifi on and the remote app running on your iphone and it still doesn't show up on the appletv? i can about guarantee a restore wont do anything for you.

  9. #9
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nitosoft View Post
    Do you have wifi on and the remote app running on your iphone and it still doesn't show up on the appletv? i can about guarantee a restore wont do anything for you.
    yup i have wifi on, and never mind i got it!, i tried it one more time and it works now thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Gabster; 01-11-2010 at 01:33 AM.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. [Remote] Itunes not recognize remote
    By juhar in forum AppStore Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 12:25 AM
  2. [Remote Buddy] Remote Control for your entire Mac
    By NSLog in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 02:52 PM
  3. [Req] house automation > TV remote/Light switch remote
    By Guineviere in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 06:04 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 07:50 AM
  5. remote iPhone via USB for the pc/mac
    By TeckniX in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 03:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:25 PM.
twitter, follow us!