I have installed atvusb into my apple TV. Everything works perfectly.
One thing that I would like to have is the CouchSurfer Lite 3.x (free version) as replacement of commercial version that have been bought by ATVflash or FireCore.
For comparison case study, I also found the old installation guide here
I have followed the instructions Couch Surfer - AwkwardTV as below:
1. I have successfully copied CouchSurfer-Lite3x.tar files into the appleTV /Users/frontrow/ via Terminal
2. I have succesfully extracted the file using
3. When I trying to move the extracted plugin to the proper place using
tar -xvpf CouchSurfer-Lite3x.tar
my Terminal response was:
sudo mv CouchSurfer.frappliance /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/
is that process successful?
mv: rename CouchSurfer.frappliance to /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/CouchSurfer.frappliance: Read-only file system
then I moved on...
4. I tried to make sure it has the correct ownerships
and the response was:
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/CouchSurfer.frappliance
I really not sure up to this point.
chown: /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/CouchSurfer.frappliance: No such file or directory
but I kept moving...
5. Restart the Finder
Not working. So I ended up unplug the power cable and plug it back.
kill `ps ax | grep Finder.app | grep -v grep | sed -e 's/[[:blank:]]*//' | sed -e 's/[[:blank:]].*//'`
6. The CouchSurfer doesn't exist in the appleTV menu.
Please help. Thank you