Discuss Confused with FW 1.1, where to start at the AppleTV 1 - Hackint0sh.org; Hi everybody,
New Apple TV on the way and I am a bit confused on ...
Confused with FW 1.1, where to start
New Apple TV on the way and I am a bit confused on where to start as I assume it will come with firmware 1.1.
As far as I understood, to meet my below requirements, I need to:
1) enable access to SSH access to the ATV
2) for easy plugin installation -> ATV Loader
3) to be able to play movies/music from ATV hard-drive (not sycn'ed with iTunes) -> ATVFiles plugin
4) to be able to play movies with special codecs (MKV, AVI etc.) -> Perian 1.0 Quicktime plugin
5) to be able to play movies from NAS drive (not sycn'ed with iTunes) -> NitoTV
6) to be able to play movies, music from FAT USB stick (not sycn'ed with iTunes) -> enable USB patch
My confusion lies with the firmware version 1.1, do I need to downgrade to 1.0 first ? If you a factory restore on aTV that came with firmware 1.1, does it downgrade to 1.0 ?
Basically what do you do: hack a 1.0 version and never upgrade to 1.1 ?
I'll answer myself for the record.
Other sites clearly mention that the out-of-the-box ATV must be 1.0 not 1.1 some users claim things are going OK with 1.1. So it is not really obvious.
Below is a weblink in case of need.
By weezo in forum Hardware
Last Post: 02-08-2010, 05:59 PM
By dbfinch in forum Redsn0w
Last Post: 06-23-2009, 03:13 PM
By chavo in forum Installation
Last Post: 06-20-2009, 03:22 PM
By elDiego in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 06-16-2008, 05:14 PM
By samu23 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 04-03-2008, 01:59 AM