Discuss Cannot get VNC or ARD working on ATV Take 2 at the AppleTV 1 - Hackint0sh.org; I have an Apple TV Take 2 Out of the box running 2.2 firmware and ...
Cannot get VNC or ARD working on ATV Take 2
I have an Apple TV Take 2 Out of the box running 2.2 firmware and I have tried almost everything to get VNC working on it. I want to be able to use my phone as a keyboard for things like couch surfer. The closest I have been able to get was using the awkward tv directions for using vine server 2.2. I have been able to launch the server via ssh from my laptop, but I need to have my laptop running to keep it going, I can't seem to make it start on launch. The big issue is that when connecting to it via chicken of the vnc, the screen doesn't seem to update. Also the keyboard and mouse do nothing.
I'm having a hard time finding info on getting VNC to work on my AppleTV Take 2.2. Please someone post a guide for dummies
I finally understood how to make it work. After SSH the AppleTV with Mac Terminal with ssh email@example.com and using frontrow as password, I enter all these lines of code commands and worked fine on my AppleTV Take 2.2:
Originally Posted by moimart
- sudo mount -uw /
- sudo touch / .readwrite
- cd ~
- sudo dd if=/dev/disk0s2 of=recovery.dmg bs=1m
- sudo hdiutil mount recovery.dmg
- sudo hdiutil mount /Volumes/Recovery/OS.dmg
- sudo cp -pr /Volumes/OSBoot\ 1/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/
- sudo cp -pr /Volumes/OSBoot\ 1/System/Library/Perl/ /System/Library/Perl/
- sudo cp -pr /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.6/ /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/
- echo 71463E00FFDAAA95FF1C39567390ADCA > /Library/Preferences/com.apple.VNCSettings.txt
- sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -configure -clientopts -setvnclegacy -vnclegacy yes
- sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -access -on -users admin -privs -all -restart -agent -menu
- /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/AppleVNCServer.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleVNCServer &
What i don't get is how can i keep the AppleTV transmiting via VNC? 'cause after i reboot, i have to enter the last line of code in Terminal to start the AppleTV VNC server.
Other thing, I see the AppleTV screen on my iPhone with Jaduu but it doesn't respond to it's keyboard or mouse, neither with my iMac's Screen Sharing connection, any ideas?
Last edited by moimart; 11-17-2008 at 09:55 PM.
you could have done alot of that through nitoTV's smart installer. anyhow, the keyboard and mouse can NOT control the appletv interface, the only time a keyboard will work is with bhollands keyboard loader plugin being installed in 2.2 OR in 2.1 or earlier couch surfer being installed. that being said the keyboard will only work at textentry and will still not work through vnc. the only time the keyboard or mouse will work through vnc is if there is an application launched outside of the appletv finder application.
This will only work if you got the appltv with the Original 1.0 version(on the restore)
Originally Posted by moimart
I done this little script that will do a workaround:
1) Transfer: f3f7c7f99.sh on ATV.
2) Open ssh connection to: AppleTV.local
3) Type Password: frontrow
3) execute: chmod 755 f3f7c7f99.sh
4) execute: sudo bash ./f3f7c7f99.sh
5) Type Password again: frontrow
6) After ATV reboots open your VNC Client and connect to: AppleTV.local
6) Type Password: frontrow
Knock Yourself Off!
Last edited by dafranca; 11-21-2008 at 03:23 PM.
This lets me connect but the image doesn't refresh. It sticks on the first image.
Originally Posted by dafranca
Anyone got any ideas?
By martd in forum iPhone 3GS
Last Post: 12-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Last Post: 07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
By iMags in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-30-2007, 06:28 PM
By joyryde in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-17-2007, 06:12 AM
By pcgamer in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 09-24-2007, 11:43 AM